INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User Requested MC19 Features  (Read 3733 times)

smichalove

• Recent member
User Requested MC19 Features
« on: July 19, 2013, 04:32:52 pm »

Opening a thread to get input into new features:
Here are mine:

1. Windows 8 Modern app companion application that allows access to the library from remote systems.
2. Dynamic DNS wizard to make setup and subscription to Dynamic DNS seamless so that library can be access easily from the Internet.
3. Skin to support easy multi-touch support
4. Remote server authentication using Oauth so that access to the library can be federated with Windows Account, Facebook, Google Account, etc rather than a user set password.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: User Requested MC19 Features
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 04:34:47 pm »

2. Dynamic DNS wizard to make setup and subscription to Dynamic DNS seamless so that library can be access easily from the Internet.

That's called an 'Access Key'.  It was added sometime around MC17, I think.

Read the Media Network wiki for more details.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

D-Kalck

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 06:07:54 pm »

Media Server is great for Music, but I have to use other software to watch my videos on my PS3, is there any plan to improve Media Center's DLNA Server by implementing remuxing and other stuff ?

I have another problem "Get Movie &TV Info" only returns informations in english, it would be great to choose the language of the informations we want.

wildcatknh

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 06:34:16 pm »

HEVC decoding support.  I'm excited about using the new standard as a means to greatly reduce the storage needed for my video collection (nearing 10TB currently).  Ultimately would like to also see HEVC encoding support as well.     
HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 09:24:17 pm »

1. I'd like to see a more polished and robust record & playback for TV and a better Theater View for TV playback. it's just always seemed to me that the media center tv functionality was an after thought and was not a priority.  With Microsoft supporting Windows Media Center less & less in each release of Windows, i expect WMC to be unsupported completely by Windows 10.  MC could be the software that fills that gap for a complete media center solution for not just its world class music jukebox but for PVR functionality as well.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 10:20:24 pm »

MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

audio doctor

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 11:32:46 pm »

I would like to see a much improved extended data base, connected to the disc playing screen.

To see what a fantastic meta data experience is look at how a Naim Uniti app functions:

You click on the album graphic

then you get a table of contents

then you get album review

discogrophy

similar artistis

similar albums

it is all from ROVI and it rocks.

Theaterview is really good but the addition of the extended meta data would make it much better.

zagoes

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 11:45:36 pm »

I wish a dynamic playlist.
Different to the currently smartlist only the last 10 played songs, the current playing and 10 upcomig songs are listed.
If current playing songs end it goes on with the next upcoming song and add a new song according the settings (genre, artist and so on) to the 10 upcoming songs

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 12:35:02 am »

HEVC decoding support.  I'm excited about using the new standard as a means to greatly reduce the storage needed for my video collection (nearing 10TB currently).  Ultimately would like to also see HEVC encoding support as well.    

It'll take a few more years before the available encoders are optimized enough to be worth converting a lot of files.
And probably a few more years after that before a free encoder is available that can be used by MC without paying big license fees.

However, decoding might be available in MC later this year if all goes well.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

dean70

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 12:49:28 am »

• Dockable DSP studio Windows that can integrate into a Standard View scheme.
  • Integrated room correction measurement functions to generate filters rather than relying on 3rd party software.

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 03:29:32 am »

Hi,

I only use Theater View.

I would like to have a menus showing say 5 folders, directly from the Windows file system:

Classical, Brasilian, Spoken Word, Other, Favourites.

So, 1 click to spoken word, for example, instead of "Recent" or "Artist" views where I have to plough through acres of folders to find anything.

Cheers.

cbee

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 05:58:43 am »

Small requests -

ability to do star ratings in gizmo

3D album wall - some method of going instantly from one end to the other eg ctrl plus mouse click

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 06:56:28 am »

Please use this thread, just moved from the MC18 board:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82006.0

I'll merge this thread with it later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up