INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: List View (or Tile Sizing)  (Read 1455 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
List View (or Tile Sizing)
« on: July 21, 2013, 07:23:28 pm »

How do I change this?  When I go into music, I get ~9 "tiles" across the screen with the Album Name below it.  This doesn't really work because I have a ton of live recordings where the album name is something like 2013-07-13 | Venue Name | Source Name.  And I'll have 5 or 6 recordings where only the source changes.  In Gizmo, I usually see a screen like the attachment.  Gizmo needs to give me more room for the album name, or display it in a list format - like Theatre View can do.

Alternatively... I have 1,000s of FLAC files tagged like this (4.5TB), is there a quick way that MC can set my tags in a different manner?  So, it could take the first segment and make that the date, and the second segment and make that the VENUE tag file, and the third segment and make that a SOURCE tag field.  Perhaps this part of the question belongs in the MC forum instead of the Gizmo forum, but I need to keep unique album names for other places, but perhaps could use other fields just for MC.  Seems hoky poky, but if Gizmo is unable to be flexible in this regard, then that could be an option.

Thanks,

--Ryan

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: List View (or Tile Sizing)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 10:11:42 pm »

You probably want to create a hierarchy based on your filenames, by splitting the name into its components in whichever order works for you.  You can customize a view in MC's {Web}Gizmo configuration to split apart such long file names where necessary, and structure the output in a categories fashion such as:

Date
      \
        \
       Venue
          \
            \
           Source Name

This way, you drill down to see more parts of the file name, and the same items at a level will be grouped.

You'll create an expression category to do the splitting and output the hierarchy.

If you reply with a few sample file names, someone will provide an expression to do this.

As to the second part, you can use a similar expression to grab the components and place each into separate custom user fields such as Live Venue, Source Name, and the existing Date field.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 11:33:42 pm »

I don't know why I didn't think of expressions...  I'll give this a whirl tomorrow if I can and if I have issues with parsing the string of the album apart, I'll post a question.  Thanks for the suggestion!

--Ryan

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 11:37:51 pm »

Btw. did your live recordings come from etree?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 11:44:42 pm »

Btw. did your live recordings come from etree?

Some from there, but mostly from my own mics :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up