INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with ripped blurays  (Read 4453 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Help with ripped blurays
« on: July 24, 2013, 03:22:57 am »

I ripped my Planet Earth blurays, 6 in total.

The disks are ripped with AnyDVD HD, latest version to folder. Under video bluray settings I enable remove prohibited user operations, annoying adverts and trailers, disable bd-live and remove region code.

MC imports the folders but only play some of them. The others play an intro and stop (the intro I thought would be removed by AnyDVD HD).

On those that play, MC shows me 54 seconds so it looks like it only picks the annoying unskippable warning. When I choose auto create particles I get the a particle with that, another with the same and one with 11 seconds.

What I can't seem to accomplish is to rip a disk that I can import in MC and create particles for the 3 episodes, and get the TV/Movie info on them.

Thanks for the help!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Help with ripped blurays
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 04:19:34 am »

Mmmm I have the 5 Disk series and it looks like the following when ripped and imported as particles.  I just rip them completely to the HDD without any of the optional settings as I then auto create particles for each playlist, delete the crap ones and tag up what is left.  Note: the 11 eps all work pulling the Meta Data from TVDB using "Get Movie and TV Info".  The Specials on my desk are Eps 21 and 24.  http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=seasonall&id=79257&lid=7&order=dvd
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 04:23:57 am »

FYI - updated the post above.  If you put "Specials" in the Season, then MC will pull the data from TVDB (you just have to work out what the Eps is!)
JRiver CEO Elect

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 04:26:16 am »

Cheers, I'll disable the remove options from anydvd and rip disk 1 again to see if I can import and create the particles then.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 04:40:58 am »

I presume you are ripping to folder not ISO (this removes protection) by default
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 04:42:09 am »

I rip with the MC option not with AnyDVD
JRiver CEO Elect

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 06:00:58 am »

Right. Ripping dvd or bluray with MC is confusing because all the details apply to audio. Moreover, there is no default folder for series so ripping series from bluray end up in the movies folder.

I'll try it nonetheless :P.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 06:29:20 am »

Ripped it with MC but same result. It plays the first 2 intro parts of 54 and 11 seconds, and stops. Create particles creates these 2 clips and nothing else.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 06:29:46 am »

So What id do is:
- Inset / Mount the Disc with AnyDVD HD running in the background
- Use MC to then Rip the disc to a folder called "Disks" and change the name if needed to something sensible in the MC Diag Box that pops up
- If it is a Movie I then just run "Get Movie and TV Info" and it is imported into the Library with the correct Meta Data and Coverart
- If it is a TV Eps, I then manually change the "Media Sub Type" to "TV Show", then generate the particles, delete all the short ones, tag each one manually with the correct "Season" and "Episode" then run the "Get Movie and TV Info" to grab the correct Meta Data from the net

All good  ;D
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 06:32:21 am »

Ripped it with MC but same result. It plays the first 2 intro parts of 54 and 11 seconds, and stops. Create particles creates these 2 clips and nothing else.

Can you have a look at the ...BDMV\Playlist folder and see how many MPLS files you have (see my pic).  On mine each one represents ones EPS.... but your disk may be different.
JRiver CEO Elect

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 06:34:25 am »

They are all there, 7 total, 3 of them are ~7.5GB each.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 06:34:57 am »

For example here is the pic of what I have from the rip of Disk 1 of Planet Earth for me.  MC will create a particle for each of these.  Each represents one part of the video.  Some are short crap, some are the real content.  What do you have?
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 06:37:44 am »

Mmmm Here is what my Stream Folder looks like for D1
JRiver CEO Elect

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 06:42:54 am »

Windows explorer shows 7 parts, this is what MC has.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 06:54:23 am »

Mmm can you post a screen shot of what is in the playlist and stream folder....
JRiver CEO Elect

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 07:03:06 am »

Here you go.

Should there be as many playlist files as stream files?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 07:14:23 am »

They are being tough on this disk!  There should be a mpls for each but they must be using the Java menu instead.  On this one I'd suggest just copying the large M2TS files out to a separate folder and importing them as files and then tag them up.
JRiver CEO Elect

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 07:29:02 am »

Right so I can delete the entire folders, except the largest m2ts files?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 07:31:57 am »

Yup, but don't have them in a BD folder structure or MC will see them as a BD.  Just put them into a single folder like Planet Earth.
JRiver CEO Elect

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 07:37:57 am »

Oke what about disk 6, which is The Making Of. Basically a full length movie but it consists of 15 m2ts files of 2GB each. There are only 3 playlist files.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 08:58:27 am »

- Use MC to then Rip the disc to a folder called "Disks" and change the name if needed to something sensible in the MC Diag Box that pops up
In the screenshot of your folder structure, you called the folder "Discs".  ;D

Right. Ripping dvd or bluray with MC is confusing because all the details apply to audio. Moreover, there is no default folder for series so ripping series from bluray end up in the movies folder.
You still have to pick a folder to rip to with anyDVD, but I guess it is easier than changing JRiver's default folder. You can just rip everything to one folder and every so often run "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" if you want Series or TV Shows in a different folder. I don't care about folder structure since it is irrelevant with JRiver so I just leave Blu-rays in one folder.

Once, just for fun  :D, I dumped all my audio tracks into one folder. JRiver did just fine with presenting them properly in views. This isn't directed at you, but some people spend way too much time obsessing over folder structure. There are even ripping guides that spend a lot of time providing instructions on how to think through folder structure. Now that I've said that, I realize that it still irritates me when I rip a compilation CD and the tracks are spread across multiple artists in the folders.  ;D

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 09:04:05 am »

- Use MC to then Rip the disc to a folder called "Disks" and change the name if needed to something sensible
In the screenshot of your folder structure, you called the folder "Discs".  ;D

Well, first it was disks, then he changed it into something sensible  ;D

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 09:41:04 am »

I don't care about folder structure since it is irrelevant with JRiver so I just leave Blu-rays in one folder.

Once, just for fun  :D, I dumped all my audio tracks into one folder. JRiver did just fine with presenting them properly in views. This isn't directed at you, but some people spend way too much time obsessing over folder structure. There are even ripping guides that spend a lot of time providing instructions on how to think through folder structure. Now that I've said that,

I obsess over folder structure  ;D

Why? Because for me there is more to it than how MC is able to present its stuff.

What would you do if your pc with all your stuff breaks down, and all you have black and white console access? No GUI, no mouse, just you and the keyboard? Who's going to win?

I realize that it still irritates me when I rip a compilation CD and the tracks are spread across multiple artists in the folders.  ;D

Because deep down inside, you know I'm right  ;D

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 04:22:17 pm »

I've use "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" to sort my individual Movie and Music files into a structure that reflects the view in MC though for ripped Disk(c)s I use the one folder.

IM - did it all work out.  For Disk 6 can you post some screen shots?
JRiver CEO Elect

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 04:31:05 pm »

For the regular episodes its fine, its actually what i originally planned to do but then decided to try the rip disk and particles.

Disk 6 has 3 mpls files, 00000, 00001 and 00002. Then it had 16 m2ts files, 00000 to 000015 of which I deleted 5 (1 to 4 and 7) which were just small annoying clips. The remaining 11 are the main thing although I'm doubting whether its one full length movie because some of the files start with the same intro clip (that planet with the sun eclipse)

I need to watch the bluray itself in the bluray player which isn't hooked up because I'm out of hdmi inputs and cables.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 04:58:18 pm »

Sounds like it is the same very odd authoring as the other discs with no real MPLS to use.  You will have to pull out the files and use these but without MPLS you lose chapter marks (if you care).  I've never seen a disk authored like this.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up