INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie/Geezer  (Read 1037 times)

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
Newbie/Geezer
« on: July 25, 2013, 02:19:19 pm »

I have recently purchased MC19, at least I think I did, and have some questions.

1-I wish to rip my cd collection at the closest to bit to bit rate/format possible. I ripped AC/DC Back to Black since its first alphabetically of my 1500-2000 cd's. It shows the file type as 'ape' and the bit rate at 930-1036. Is this the best format??
With storage being cheap I want the absolute closest to bit-to-bit I can get.

2-MC18 automatically imported all my itune files which are mp3. I will be replacing these with higher quality rips. How do I delete the mp3 files from MC18-19 and keep them from being copied again?? I probably used the default setting for MC18, but need to know how to get them out and keep them out.

3-I will be using my Oppo 103 to play the files from MC18-19. Any help from Oppo users as to the best way to push the files(wasapi?) and connect to the 103 from my laptop(usb?) would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tom

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Newbie/Geezer
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 02:31:59 pm »

1. For the first two, any lossless format (FLAC, APE, etc.) will be lossless.  Ignore the bitrate.

2. Yes, you can point MC to your iTunes mp3 media files.  You can either do a one-time import, or configure an auto-import path.  See Tools > Import.

For later replacing and maintaining tags, see:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Re-Rip_and_preserve_tags

3. For the Oppo, probably you'll use DLNA via Tools > Options > Media Network and set the option Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 04:16:57 pm »

Actually for #2 I want to get rid of the mp3 files and keep them from being imported in the future.

Tom

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 05:42:31 pm »

1.  Any lossless format is fine.

2.  You can delete them from your library or clear your library and import again.  Check your autoimport settings.  Tools/Import/Autoimport.  You can add or edit directories.
Pages: [1]   Go Up