INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to play sacd .iso files in JRiver Media Center?  (Read 25782 times)

bleair

How to play sacd .iso files in JRiver Media Center?
« on: July 28, 2013, 01:42:08 pm »

I have ripped some of my sacd's to .iso files.

I can play these .iso files in foobar2000.

I'm now checking out the eval version of JRiver media center (which is great btw).
I can't seem to figure out how to get JRiver's library to accept an .iso file though.

From other threads I've seen how you can have JRiver mount blu-ray iso files, but nothing about sacd images.
I am able to play individual files of a few of my songs that are in the .dff format, but when I either drag and drop my .iso file from windows explorer or when I try to browse via "Drives & Devices" to my sacd .iso file nothing happens (won't import, won't play)

This is version 18.0.206.

Is there a setting or preference I need to set to tell JRiver that it should play sacd .iso files?  Must I convert my .iso into indivual .dff tracks (which I don't really want to do)?

Thanks for any help.

bulldogger

• World Citizen
Re: How to play sacd .iso files in JRiver Media Center?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 05:23:05 pm »

This is version 18.0.206.

Is there a setting or preference I need to set to tell JRiver that it should play sacd .iso files?  Must I convert my .iso into indivual .dff tracks (which I don't really want to do)?

Thanks for any help.
Not sure what's automatically set and what is not. Go under Tools-Options-File Types and see that file association is set to Yes and playback set to automatic for DSD files. JRiver will play the .iso files. That is the only method I use.

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 06:41:39 pm »

Do you have the Audio set to play back through your DAC in Tools->Options->Audio ?

BTW, I use JRiver to play SACD ISOs and I have all the File Associations set to "No", so that is not the problem.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 05:32:11 am »

Check that the Media Type and Media Sub Type is set correctly for the files. Media Type should be Audio, and Media Sub Type should be Music.

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 02:05:04 pm »

Hi Guys.

I am new to JRiver  (Less than a Day).  But I am curious about this SACD Playback?  Are you guys actually able to access and play the DSD layer?  Or are you just playing the CD layer?  As far as I understand there isn't any way to get access to the DSD layer is there?

(If JRiver can do that You have a new customer!).

Do I need any special tools to create the ISO?  I currently use Daemon Tools Pro to create my ISOs.

And lastly.  If it can read the DSD layer can it be used to rip the tracks in their full high definition audio and surround?

Thanks and sorry to hijack the thread.

Carl.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 02:16:08 pm »

MC can play DSD files:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DSD_Format

MC can't play an SACD.  PC's don't have drives that can read them. 

jctcom

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 02:21:10 pm »

Ah.  That's what I thought.

Darn really got my hopes up for a minute there.

I have been having great success in ripping my DVD-Audio discs and have been looking for a long time for a way to do the same with my SACD discs.  (The PS3 option is not an option lol).

Carl.

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 03:07:48 pm »

The PS3 option is not an option lol
It's a pain to set up, but it's the only device which has an SACD drive, and is capable of running software to rip the discs.

jctcom

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 03:15:02 pm »

Yeah.  I have read about that option.

Instead what I have done is found SACDlab and purchased their converted to DVD-Audio ISO files and used those to rip to Multi-Channel FLAC.

For about $5 per title It is the best option for me.  I won't be purchasing any more SACD discs for this reason. (I don't even know if they still make them or not?)

I have been really enjoying the new Blu-Ray Audio discs such as Rush "2112" and "Moving Pictures" and Pink Floyd albums in full HD Surround which I am able to rip to FLAC to play on my system.

I would really love to purchase from HDTracks but unfortunately they will not sell to Canada at this time.

Carl.

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 12:17:21 am »

RE HD Tracks -- they don't sell to the UAE either, but if you leave the address empty and use Pay Pal it seems to be ok.

At least, thatīs what I did!

jctcom

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 12:19:59 am »

Really!  I had the feeling they detected where I was from my IP address?

but I will give it a go.

Carl.
Pages: [1]   Go Up