INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting live TV in Theater View  (Read 5624 times)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Starting live TV in Theater View
« on: July 30, 2013, 07:47:36 pm »

Following on from the old topic: Theater View doesn't show Television option

I am currently on MC 18.0.209. There is still no "Live TV" button in Theatre view, which is annoying, but I see how it can be added using the old thread above.

However, my MCE Remote still will not start live TV either. Pressing the Live TV button results in a message on screen of "The TV Channel 0 was not found."

Is there a setting I am missing for this to work now? Obviously I don't have a channel 0 in my channel list. I assume that passing channel zero to the MC is supposed to result in the first channel in the list being displayed. I think that is what happened in WMC. Or maybe WMC started the last channel watched. Regardless, how can I make the Live TV on my (clone) MCE remote work in MC?

Thanks.

EDIT: Note that the "Recorded TV" (takes MC directly to the Video/Show/Series screen), "Guide" and "DVD Menu" buttons all work as expected.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Starting live TV in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 12:05:48 am »

The MCE remote "Live TV" button is programmed for Channel 0 by default. Needs to be re-mapped so that will start live TV at a specified channel (afaik there is no last channel viewed option that actually works).

Basically Tools-->Options-->Remote Control-->Commands-->Add-->custom-->Give it a name and  --> Commands -->Add Run

Fill in next box with the program and same command line arguments as you did creating Live TV menu button for Home Theatre eg

"/mcc 30002,1" to watch channel number 1
 "/mcc 30002,9" to watch channel number 9

Click ok

The new command will now appear in the command list

Click learn and press the "Live TV" button on remote to teach it the button code and the new mapped location

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 03:18:43 am »

Thank you very much Samson. That worked perfectly.

It would be nice if it started at the last viewed channel, but setting it to a favourite channel is fine.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 04:16:56 am »

You're welcome.

Apparently, in the past, the "0" default was supposed to trigger the last used station...but as you also found out it doesn't. Like you I am happy to start at a fav channel.
Cheers
David

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 02:39:23 am »

A keyboard shortcut for "Previous Channel" has been added as of MC21.0.4. It is Ctrl+B.

Also, the "Live TV" remote button, which wasn't working for a while, is now fixed and;

The "Live TV" button is the "Previous Channel" button, both when TV isn't playing, and when it is playing. Couldn't ask for better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up