INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Unify Video Seekbar and Video Timeline in Full Screen  (Read 3525 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount

I expect that there is some historical "QWERTY-esque" reason for MediaCenter to be the only player that (in Full Screen) has a separate Seek Bar on the top and another similar bar on the bottom which is display-only to show the position in the video.

The one on the bottom is actually what the seek bar should look like, in other words, full width, to take advantage of the real estate and make it easier to seek.  And, of course, there should only be one bar.

Thanks !

I am posting this as a separate thread, because I think it will get many " +1 "s...

Re: Request: Unify Video Seekbar and Video Timeline in Full Screen
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 06:59:17 pm »

The lower interface also seems to be compatible with madVR's Fullscreen Exclusive mode, and the upper skinned interface will kick it back to Windowed mode.
I'd be happy to lose the upper interface if we could get a nice black & white one (not a fan of the green bar over video) with chapter markers on the progress bar, and buttons for subtitles and audio track selection.

The one thing that I'd miss would be Audio Path information, but it seems that the stock Noire skin doesn't display that during video playback anyway. (custom skins do)

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 07:50:55 pm »

Are you using the arrow keys on a keyboard?  Or a mouse?  A remote is probably the best.  The four arrow keys and the OK should do everything you need.

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 09:51:22 pm »

Are you using the arrow keys on a keyboard?  Or a mouse?  A remote is probably the best.  The four arrow keys and the OK should do everything you need.
I mostly end up using a mouse, though it's less than ideal because there's no way to remap the controls in Media Center.
Using the keyboard for navigation is just frustrating. I really dislike the overlay menus that are brought up during video when using a keyboard. (or presumably a remote)

Without Media Center support for something like libCEC (which would let me use my TV remote) I doubt I will be able to find anything that works well as a remote for me, because most MCE Remotes or universal remotes are cheap junk that have poorly thought out controls.
I still bought one of those USB-CEC adapters to try with other software and it killed the HDMI signal to my TV (must have been drawing too much power for the long cable run I use) so even if libCEC were implemented, it's still a pain to get working.

So far, the best thing that seems like it would work in my setup would be an Xbox 360 controller via XInput. It uses RF wireless rather than IR, so there's no need for ugly IR blasters or line of sight; it's a device I already own, so I don't have yet another remote complicating things; and it's already wired up with the receiver out of sight.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 06:48:03 am »

Try the arrow keys for a while.  It's what Theater View works best with.  Four arrows and the OK (or Enter) key will do everything.  Left arrow always takes you back.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 12:23:41 pm »

In my case, I don't use Theater View  (for various reasons).   

So, all of the above is about Full Screen Display View.

An MCE remote works for some situations and not for others.

For example, when your friend says "Did you see that scene after the credits?", then you need a mouse to click on the seek bar just before the end of the file.

LeoB

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 05:59:21 pm »

I use the remote in Theater View exclusively, and the inclusion of the seek bar in the OSD is very frustrating.

It would be great if you separate them – move the OSD to the top and leave the seek bar at the bottom, or vice-versa.

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 08:24:01 am »

I wish the seek bar that appears in full screen when using the arrow keys or the remote, was 'live', in that the numbers change in realtime, just like it does in all other applications actually, rather than it being a static image that appears and then disappears,
Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself

MrHaugen

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 07:53:38 am »

I fully agree that something should be done to the Overlay bar and the OSD. This should imo be merged into one OSD, which also support touch and gestures. I have a Samsung Win8 Pro pad, and have been trying to use MC in Display view and theater view. The controls in Display view is not good for controlling playback with touch! A touch, mouse and keyboard friendly OSD/control bar should preferably be configurable or skinable.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 08:35:19 am »

I wish the seek bar that appears in full screen when using the arrow keys or the remote, was 'live', in that the numbers change in realtime, just like it does in all other applications actually, rather than it being a static image that appears and then disappears,

I agree with this.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up