INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 18.0.212 -- Available Here  (Read 35745 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
JRiver Media Center 18.0.212 -- Available Here
« on: August 05, 2013, 10:14:30 am »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180212.exe

History: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.212 (8/5/2013)

1. Fixed: Exiting Theater View while the 'News' view was loading could crash in some cases.
2. Fixed: JTV video conversion lip-sync problem.
3. Fixed: The option to start playback of the current playlist would not work when MC was configured to start when Windows loaded.
4. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.58.2 (thanks nevcairiel).
5. Changed: Removed 3d text visualization (it's no longer possible to create a 3d mesh from text using the D3DX helper).
6. Fixed: A few 3d visualizations were not working properly on Windows 7 and Windows 8.

18.0.211 (7/24/2013)

1. Fixed: While playing a currently recording television show in transport stream format MC would play the ts file instead of going to the tuner that was doing the recording.
2. Fixed: MC could hang upon stopping when playing a video over the network (Library server, or YouTube etc.).
3. Fixed: Direct Sound playback would not work with devices that didn't support 24-bit audio.
4. Fixed: Video width and height fields could be filled incorrectly.
5. Fixed: When converting from jtv television recordings, the converted files would have an incorrect aspect ratio. Make sure you correct width and height problem first (see 4. above) before retrying conversion.

18.0.210 (7/19/2013)

1. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.58.1.
2. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR version 0.86.9.
3. Fixed: "jpeg" is now an allowable format for cover art.
4. Fixed: MCWS/v1/Zones/Unlink was not working properly.

18.0.209 (7/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Server computer would not go to sleep after serving live television to clients.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
3. Fixed: Message box message "This feature is only available to Last.fm subscribers." was not translated.
4. Fixed: MC could crash when stopping playing a CableCARD tuner, especially in Red October HQ.
5. Fixed: When the mouse left a list, the mouse-over selection state could stay visible in certain cases.
6. Fixed: Right-click menu and some other popup windows was prematurely destroyed when CableCARD television tuner devices were involved.
7. Fixed: DLNA bug where SetNextAVTransportURI gets called at least once even when disabled.
8. Fixed: DLNA polling interval bug, reduce chatter.
9. Changed: DLNA handle bug from some renderers which mis-spell NOT_IMPLEMENTED!
10. Fixed: A few possible cases where background threads that showed user interface could hang or cause a focus shift.
11. Changed: Added additional logging to the search suggestion system to help debug performance issues on some machines.

18.0.208 (7/5/2013)

1. Fixed: Convolution was not working in build 207.
2. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).

18.0.207 (7/3/2013)

1. Fixed: Typing in the Options search box could temporarily shift focus, causing the first letter to get replaced by the second letter.
2. Fixed: Downloading files larger than 2GB could fail.
3. Changed: Tuned how the time remaining is reported in the Action Window during downloads (to work better with large downloads and to be more concise).
4. Changed: Media Center will prevent the system from going to sleep while doing a handheld transfer.
5. Fixed: Album and artist fields in "Podcast tag and file renaming rules" now work as expected.
6. Fixed: Ogg Vorbis now fills its compression field with "Ogg Vorbis".
7. Fixed: When converting some FLAC files to ogg, it will no longer tag as "ogv"
8. Fixed: In Performer Store, following purchase of an album, the list of available assets for that album could be incorrect and the price for a track could be listed the same as the album price.

18.0.206 (6/27/2013)

1. Fixed: HDHomeRun PRIME CableCARD tuners did not work.
2. Fixed: Image editing could lead to a crash on shutdown.
3. Changed: Converted audio files will no longer have the audio analysis values (Replay Gain, etc.) copied from the source file (the encoding could have changed the correct values).
4. Fixed: Moving the mouse while the sort all / inside groups menu was showing would incorrectly simulate a column header drag.
5. Fixed: 3d objects in Theater View were not drawing properly on some XP machines.
6. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).
7. Fixed: The quick find toolbar in a list (F3) didn't look nice with the Black on Black skin.
8. Fixed: The 'Help' button in Options could go to the wrong page in some cases.
9. Fixed: The 12th Car Radio button was not working.

18.0.205 (6/25/2013)

1. Changed: Lists now allow two expression columns to be added that use the same expression (or that both have empty expressions).
2. Changed: When returning to Theater View, if the previously selected list index has a different name (due to database changes, etc.) the selection will reset to the top of the list.
3. Fixed: Some commands on the right-click menu of a zone to control Zone Linking could operate on the current zone instead of the right-clicked zone.
4. Changed: Tuned the list of WavPack hybrid mode bitrates a little more.

18.0.204 (6/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Accepting an edit control suggestion could lead to a crash.
2. Changed: When playing mono (1 channel) audio, Parametric Equalizer will treat the mono channel as 'Left' so that it's possible to manipulate these streams.
3. Fixed: The Tag Action Window could flicker during resizing.
4. Fixed: A menu or combobox list would not always go away properly when activating a different window.
5. Fixed: Tuned the list of WavPack hybrid mode bitrates.
6. Fixed: Some ALAC files (e.g. those produced by 'Sound Studio 3') were not playable because of a strange looking 'alac' mp4 atom.  We now ignore the strange data.

18.0.203 (6/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Hulu playback was not working after some Hulu site changes.
2. Fixed: A relative path that starts with a backslash could incorrectly end up with a filename that had two backslashes after the drive.
3. Fixed: JRSS downmixing was not always energy neutral when downmixing to mono.
4. Fixed: MC will no longer hang when trying to connect to a media server with a password. 
5. Fixed: Playback of certain streaming video could lead to crash.
6. Fixed: Reading the tags on an AIFF file from HDtracks could incorrectly change the date modified.

18.0.202 (6/20/2013)

1. Changed: Updated the checkbox graphic used in Noire to be more clear.

18.0.201 (6/18/2013)

1. Fixed: Focus could shift unexpectedly in build 200.

18.0.200 (6/18/2013)

1. Changed: Switched the default ASIO option for 'Play silence on pause' to true (this provides a more straight-forward call stack to the ASIO driver, and is similar to how WASAPI works).
2. Fixed: When connecting to a library that required a password, the program could (still) dead-lock in some cases.
3. Fixed: 3D album view in Windows 8 will no longer crash on search.
4. Fixed: Periodic freezes in the DLNA servers.
5. Changed: Aggressive de-interlacing is no longer enabled in the LAV filter for mpeg-2 content that has a frame rate of 59.94.

18.0.199 (6/17/2013)

1. Changed: Video frame rate (FPS) field is updated during thumbnail generation to obtain a more accurate value.
2. Fixed: Podcasting could (still) cause the user interface to be sluggish in some cases when first starting the program.
3. Changed: When a file has no Replay Gain, a Replay Gain of -10dB will be used if no other files in Playing Now are analyzed (otherwise the average of analyzed files is used).
4. Changed: Added 512 and 1024 kbps to Wavepack hybrid encoding.  Also changed to correct spelling of "wavpack.com"

18.0.198 (6/11/2013)

1. Changed: Moved back to the experimental AAC encoder for video conversions since the problem with the PS3 was fixed. Thanks Nev.
2. Changed: Simplified "Edit Channel List..." dialog (removed the checkboxes since favorite channels selection is done elsewhere now).
3. Fixed: "Next / Previous use favorite channels only" setting did not use the new favorite channels system.
4. Changed: Edit Channel List dialog allows deletion of multiple selected channels.
5. Fixed: The new system of "Favorite" and "Hidden" television channels did not distinguish channels with identical name but different tuner types.

18.0.197 (6/7/2013)

1. Fixed: Web browser integration was not working properly in build 196.
2. Changed: Higher quality setting for transcoding to WMV (most useful on Xbox 360)
3. Changed: Reverted back to the previous AAC encoder for video conversion to get compatibility with various devices including the PS3.
4. Fixed: Switching from time-shifted TV playback using madVR exclusive to Theater View wasn't always working.

18.0.196 (6/6/2013)

1. Changed: Car Radio automatically cleans up duplicate static playlists that used the same index.
2. Fixed: In build 195, the Theater View cursor could reset to the roller when navigating into levels of a library view.
3. Changed: SSDP advertisement could hard kill the advertiser in some cases, leaving sockets and/or the internet layer in an undefined state.
4. Fixed: The trick to recover a lost Party Mode password was not working properly (see the wiki for details on the trick).
5. Changed: Tuned some parameters in the updated Windows 7/8 presentation system used by Theater View.
6. Changed: Changed how television channel-changing is handled.
7. Fixed: Small icons could draw too large in a details list in some cases.
8. Changed: Basic HTML text formatting tokens like < b >, < font >, < u >, etc. will be supported in almost all text drawing (previously they only worked in some areas of the program).
9. Fixed: Subtitles weren't working with EVR in the last few builds when using Windows 7 or 8.
10. NEW: XMP "face" data in photos now gets added to "People".

18.0.195 (6/4/2013)

1. Fixed: If an iPod failed to initialize, it could cause a hang when trying to display the error message.
2. Fixed: The option to run Theater View in exclusive mode was not working in build 194 on Windows 7 and Windows 8 (this mode is not recommended for normal use).
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
4. Changed: A portable install will no longer warn and fail to run when taken between different operating systems.
5. Changed: When switching tracks that require a hardware stop / start like on a sample rate change, the startup silence option will be honored (silence will be maximum of between track gap and startup silence gap).
6. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.86 (thanks madshi).
7. Changed: Subtitles account for the madVR presentation latency by using the new IMadVRInfo interface.
8. Fixed: Theater View's focus / cursor could move unexpectedly in some cases.
7. Fixed: Temp files created for .wvc files are now renamed to their final name when done when encoding Wavpack.
8. Fixed: Empty temp files are no longer created when encoding lossless Wavpack. 
9. Changed: Wavpack files now display compression information. 
10. Changed: When acting as a DLNA renderer, Media Center will use "error free" mode so that playback errors won't cause message boxes to display (since the controller is normally in a different place).

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: JRiver Media Center 18.0.212 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 02:04:21 pm »

Thanks, for fixing this annoying zone switching, focus bug in theater view. Working Now!
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 04:27:46 am »

There is still a small bug left over from MC17, reported here.

For different reasons I use playlists to organize my albums. So, if I import a new album one of my first actions is to select the new songs and use the "Send To -> Playlist -> Create Playlist"-Feature.

The first time right after starting MC the new playlist named "New Playlist" is created but is not active for renaming. I have to manually select it for rename it. After doing this once, the next so created playlist gets automatically selected by MC, so I can just start typing to rename the playlist after creating. I guess the second way is the one which is expected?!

The bug only appears when sending files that are not in MCs Library to a new playlist. I drag&drop my new files to Playing Now and for me MC is configured in a way, that it does not import them automatically after dropping files to Playing Now. So they get imported when I send them to the new created playlist.

dean70

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 07:45:26 am »

Issue with flac / cue files - it seems to keep duplicating the same track on each import with a duration of the total album. It only started this after a library file path move (search and replace path).

SACD ISO also loses indexes so that only the first track shows up after a path move (same as above). Had to rename .iso file to .isod, run import, rename back & re-import again to fix.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 10:52:37 am »

Thanks, for fixing this annoying zone switching, focus bug in theater view. Working Now!

I was happy to early. Today booting into MC, same behaviour as before.  :(

After switching to another zone in theater view, left/right doesn't react anymore.
Pressing up/down with remote ends up in switching through zones.
Only switching to standard view and back again to theater view solves the problem.

Please MC Team, Take a look at it.....
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 02:28:16 pm »

Issue with flac / cue files - it seems to keep duplicating the same track on each import with a duration of the total album. It only started this after a library file path move (search and replace path).

SACD ISO also loses indexes so that only the first track shows up after a path move (same as above). Had to rename .iso file to .isod, run import, rename back & re-import again to fix.
The workaround would be to delete the items from the library, and then re-import.

dean70

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 04:39:44 pm »

The workaround would be to delete the items from the library, and then re-import.

Yes that does work for both the cue file issue and the SACD iso issue. It is easy to manage as I have only a few albums with the issue, but if you had 100s it would be a nightmare.

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 06:41:19 am »

When I loaded 18.0.212, MC now cannot find the web page on startup displaying the message, "Navigation to webpage was cancelled"
When I try to play a movie, I get an error, "Invalid audio decoder filter or output pin"
When I switch back to MC18.0.211, all is well again.
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

audunth

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 04:55:03 pm »

The "do not overwrite" option in the multiple file "Get Movie & TV Info"-dialog is still not working. I just did a test, and even when deselecting it, my Swedish TV episodes are still being renamed with English episode names. Can you please fix this bug?

Also it would be nice if the do not overwrite option was there in the single file dialog, too.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 03:34:09 pm »

MC18.0.212 is still not able to connect to the web.  I've uninstalled and reloaded with the same results.  This does not happen with 18.0.211.  I'm surprised that I'm the only one with this issue. 

Who do I send the log file to?
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

dean70

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 12:19:26 am »

It seems to have started doing this again for the FLAC/CUE files. Was fine for the last few imports & suddenly the issue reappeared. Deleted the offending tracks and re-imported & seems to be ok again for now.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 12:11:37 pm »

Double-clicking on a file in the Playing Now pane causes it to play
 despite Options/General/Behavior/Double-Click being set to "File Properties".
. . . the game is rigged

boritarma

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 11:22:30 am »

When I open youtube videos inside MC, there are pop up message with a few options: show the message, play the file inside the player, add link to my library and so on. When I choose play the file inside the player and when I put tick in the box for keep using this answer, so my future video can open straught away without to show this pop up window. Unfortunately MC don't remember this option and is asking me every time when I want to open videos from youtibe inside MC.

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 02:31:29 am »

By design, it only saves that as a "per-session" preference. I wish it was a "real" preference instead.

audunth

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 06:42:03 am »

Me too. It's annoying having to set it every time I restart MC. There's always the ctrl option if you want to see the pop-up anyway...
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

You-Sun

• А чтой-то Вы тут делаете а?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 11:18:08 pm »

При воспроизведении DSD происходит преобразование в WAV 352.8khz 64bit  и пересчет на звуковую карту в 32bit.
Если конвертировать DSD файл в WAV файл , то получаем только 24bit.
Где ошибка?
At reproduction of DSD there is a transformation to WAV 352.8khz 64bit and recalculation on the sound card in 32bit. If to convert the DSD file in the WAV file, we receive only 24bit. Where mistake? ? ?

PopDV

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 03:57:25 pm »

Could not play youtube video in theatre mode (MC 18.0.212)
got error "something went wrong with playback. Detail: The file name coulnd not be found..."
What to do? But can search files and see titles

donberry

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 01:55:33 am »

when I purchased this it was also good for 19, as stated above, but it no longer works for 19

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 03:12:15 am »

If you purchased MC18 late in the cycle, the license you received was for MC19.  You can visit the Restore Page and use option #2 to have your license(s) sent to you.

An MC18 license won't work with any newer version.

You can purchase MC24 at a discount.  See "Upgrade Help" on the MC24 board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up