INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a bar fly just died  (Read 1387 times)

dragyn

a bar fly just died
« on: March 18, 2002, 03:39:41 pm »

Well guys, it's been fun while it lasted but I can no longer beta test MJ anymore.

The IRS is after me for unpaid taxes (10G) and so I have to now work 2 jobs just to pay it off. So this means I wont have any spare time to beta test let alone do anything else.

I'll check in once in awhile to see how you guys/gals are doin'. I probably won't start til next week or so...I'm gonna live it up while I still can.

I hope MJ8 turns out great..keep up the good work!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:a bar fly just died
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 05:01:57 pm »

I think Dragyn Aid 2002 is in order.

Hey, it worked for Willie Nelson...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2002, 07:46:02 pm »

Sorry to hear it Dragyn.  I hope the car and the stereo stay.

You've been a huge help for a long time.  Thank you.

Wishing you the best...

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2002, 09:42:11 pm »

Dave,
Life is cruel.  Sorry to hear of your trouble.  The IRS is humorless.  

Drop me an email, please.  I have an idea.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2002, 01:04:52 am »

I have them take more money out of my retirement check and my pay check but they still end up riping me off at the end of the year.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

dragyn

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2002, 01:18:57 am »

I always pay my taxes and usually get a refund every year cause I pay in too much but there was an account in my Dad's estate that never got the taxes taken out when it was rolled over into mine. The original tax was a lot less but as time went on, the interest went up and then the penalties (adds up quick). This was way back in 2000 and I just was notified of this last week.

I'll be keeping the car, they are not even gonna touch that.

I should be able to pay this off in a couple months hopefully.

Michael Horton

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2002, 04:30:43 am »

One time, in the early 80s, I lived in a county where the sales tax was 6.5%, but bought a car in a neighboring county that had a 6% sales tax. I went to the neighboring county, not because of this incredible break on taxes, but because the neighboring county was just a few blocks over and that's where the car dealership happened to be located (Ok, I'll admit it--at the time I wasn't even aware that different counties had different levels of sales tax.). Well, anyway, the deal was done and all was fine, except that a decade later I got an unpaid tax bill that involved several hundred dollers in fines and interest, because the state had just gotten around to doing an audit of such tax matters, and found out that the (by then defunkt) car dealership had applied the tax rate of their county, rather than that of the county that I lived in. I tried to fight it but it was impossible. They said that I should have done a better job of checking the math in the contract to make sure that the right tax rate was being applied. I still don't know whether this applies only to cars, so now I never buy anything out of my county that would leave a paper trail. Next Page If it happened now, I'd just write them a check, but at the time I was unable to do so and interest and penalties accrued each time that I made a partial payment. That was when I learned the lesson that even honest, hard-working, tax-paying citizens can be screwed by the system. The lesson was reinforced a couple of other times over events not unlike those of Dragyn.

Good luck Dragyn
Michael

zevele1

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2002, 05:10:31 am »

Rules in Israel for a self employed

You declare all the money you do or not,one day they come to you
It is fast,they have very esoteric criterions.After less than a week you get a $120 000 bill,yes hundred twenty thousands.You take a good lawyer,one who haggle to death
And you get a $20.000 bill.Not bad.It seems that the time you pay it,your file is in an other service ,and they do not control you cause they do not have your file.
So pay a little  more your lawyer,he mays get a $200 a month paiement.You need 10 years to pay it,so you are quiet for 10 years..............
A reasonable behavior is to declare no more than 50% of the money you do

sekim

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2002, 05:21:54 am »

Gee, I thought the I.N.S. was slow. They aren't as humorous either. Good luck Dragyn.

Severian

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2002, 06:00:40 am »

Yeah, good luck Dragyn. I'm glad that other do-do who was being uncharitable got deleted. I've had my go-round with the IRS too. I actually found that, contrary to the age-old tax collector stereotype, the people I dealt with were very nice and sympathetic, and although that didn't make it easier on my wallet, that made it easier to cope with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up