INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone Switch not working as I expected...  (Read 2004 times)

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Zone Switch not working as I expected...
« on: August 24, 2013, 02:32:49 pm »

I have 2 Zones: "2 channel" for items with <= 2 channels of audio (for which I apply DSP processing) and "Multichannel" for > 2 channels of audio for which I bitstream.

If I queue some videos to play in the "2 channel" zone then try to queue a video with multichannel audio, it plays straight away. This is because presumably it's the first item to be queued in the other zone.  How do I queue music and videos in one "common" queue and have MC switch automatically when it gets to it?

A similar problem possibly when using JRemote to select music videos to play in MC Theater View. Queuing a multichannel video while a 2-channel one is currently playing will stop the current one and play the selected one straight away. Furthemore, Theater View doesn't switch accordingly for video - I get a blank screen although the audio plays correctly via the switched zone.

Am I doing something wrong with the way I'm using it or set it up?  I've got a few items set up in options to jump automatically to Display View on Play, is this sort of thing affecting it?

csimon

Re: Zone Switch not working as I expected...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 10:29:30 am »

<bump>

I've tried turning off the Behaviour on Play to None, also to Display View, and Display View (Even in Playing now) but still get the same problem.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 11:08:48 am »

And, there are still Theater view zone switching focus bugs since MC 18.0.xxx,too!!!

Same System: MC 17 ->All working normal.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 02:36:16 pm »

IIRC Zone Switch will not switch zones in the middle of a playlist, only for the playlist as a whole, and it decides on the basis of the first file in the playlist.

This is the same as the recent thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82997.0

and yes it is "not as we expect it", so I guess this is a Feature Request by everyone in the several threads (that Zone Switch re-evaluate at the beginning of each file in a playlist).

csimon

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 07:32:28 am »

<bump>
Pages: [1]   Go Up