INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.214 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 5856 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe

This is a beta release of Media Center for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180214.dmg

18.0.214 (8/27/2013)

1. NEW: Moved application menu to the normal 'Mac' location at the top of the screen.  Still some skinning and positioning work to be done.

18.0.213 (8/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Right clicking in playback display window and choosing "Tag" would cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Filepath() was not functioning properly with user-supplied paths (e.g. filepath(//Users/johnt//foo.mp3)).
3. Fixed: Cover art in Action Window could not be copied to/from the clipboard.
4. Fixed: The "Export playlist" option to use relative paths was not working.
5. Fixed: Apparent z-order problem with auto-import results dialog: it would be invisible and cause the app to look hung.

18.0.212 (8/19/2013)

1. Changed: Improved skin looks more "Mac like".
2. Changed: Sharper text font drawing.
3. Fixed: Custom column sorting window would show up empty.
4. Fixed: MC could fail to load ID3 tag data in AIFF and WAVE files.
5. Fixed: Importing of mp4 files that had a copyright atom could cause MC to crash.

18.0.211 (7/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Semi-colon in path names could cause import to not work.
2. NEW: Audio files can be played from Finder.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
4. Fixed: DLNA bug where SetNextAVTransportURI gets called at least once even when disabled.
5. Fixed: DLNA polling interval bug, reduce chatter.
6. Changed: DLNA handle bug from some renderers which mis-spell NOT_IMPLEMENTED!
7. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).

18.0.207 (7/3/2013)

1. Fixed: Mouse scroll wheel wasn't working on OSX 10.6 systems.
2. Fixed: On OSX 10.6 systems, it would appear to hang when trying to quit the program.
3. Fixed: Downloading files larger than 2GB could fail.
4. Changed: Tuned how the time remaining is reported in the Action Window during downloads (to work better with large downloads and to be more concise).
5. Fixed: Album and artist fields in "Podcast tag and file renaming rules" now work as expected.
6. Fixed: Ogg Vorbis now fills its compression field with "Ogg Vorbis".
7. Fixed: When converting some FLAC files to ogg, it will no longer tag as "ogv"

18.0.206 (6/28/2013)

1. Fixed: Bold and Italic modes chosen in font picking dialog did not get used.
2. Fixed: Font picking dialog did not initialize to the current font settings.
3. Fixed: Text was unreadable in disabled text edit fields.
4. Fixed: Once Cover View was selected, the top line of the display with the 'leave cover view' button was inaccessible so you couldn't exit cover view.

18.0.202 (6/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Some ALAC files (e.g. those produced by 'Sound Studio 3') were not playable because of a strange looking 'alac' mp4 atom.  We now ignore the strange data.
2. Fixed: Media Center was not honoring the typeface chosen in the font picking dialog.

18.0.201 (6/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Trackpad scrolling did not support the fine scrolling mode, so it was difficult to scroll to a particular item in a list.
2. Fixed: Web page titles on tabs were showing extraneous text.
3. NEW: Support for choosing text fonts using the Options dialog 'Select font...' item under Tree & View.
4. Fixed: Tag saving to APE files was not working (Mac only).
5. Changed: Switched the default audio buffering method to 'Hardware default' to work better with devices that don't properly support hardware buffer size changes (configurable in Options > Audio > Output mode settings...).
6. Fixed: Typing into the Search box could cause crashes when a MC Windows library had been transferred to Mac and it contained long field values (e.g. Lyrics field).
7. Changed: When a file has no Replay Gain, a Replay Gain of -10dB will be used if no other files in Playing Now are analyzed (otherwise the average of analyzed files is used).

18.0.197 (6/14/2013)

1. Fixed: Options dialog could a crash if volume mode was set to disabled.
2. Fixed: Periodic freeze-ups in the DLNA servers (build 196 only).

18.0.196 (6/13/2013)

1. Fixed: SSDP server would die after a varying period of time.

18.0.195 (6/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Library server syncing was not working from a Windows client to a Mac server.
2. NEW: Added support for OGG input format.
3. Changed: Car Radio automatically cleans up duplicate static playlists that used the same index.
4. Changed: SSDP advertisement could hard kill the advertiser in some cases, leaving sockets and/or the internet layer in an undefined state.
5. Fixed: Small icons could draw too large in a details list in some cases.
6. Changed: Basic HTML text formatting tokens like < b >, < font >, < u >, etc. will be supported in almost all text drawing (previously they only worked in some areas of the program).
7. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
8. Changed: When switching tracks that require a hardware stop / start like on a sample rate change, the startup silence option will be honored (silence will be maximum of between track gap and startup silence gap).
9. Fixed: Temp files created for .wvc files are now renamed to their final name when done when encoding Wavpack.
10. Fixed: Empty temp files are no longer created when encoding lossless Wavpack.  
11. Changed: Wavpack files now display compression information.  
12. Changed: When acting as a DLNA renderer, Media Center will use "error free" mode so that playback errors won't cause message boxes to display (since the controller is normally in a different place).

18.0.194 (6/4/2013)

1. Fixed: Media Center could become unresponsive to mouse clicks following showing of a pop-up error dialog. Mostly a problem on OSX 10.8.
2. Changed: Fullscreen modes are not always-on-top (please report any focus or z-ordering issues).

18.0.193 (5/31/2013)

1. Fixed: Audio playback was not working correctly in build 192.

18.0.192 (5/30/2013)

1. Fixed: Media Center would appear frozen in certain cases where a pop-up dialog was showing underneath the app and MC would be unresponsive.
2. Fixed: FLAC reference code would crash when encoding when an estimated total size was provided to the encoder, the 'verify' option was enabled, and encoding duration exceeded the estimated duration.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
4. Fixed: Stopping or switching tracks during Library Server client playback could lead to a crash.
5. Changed: When overwriting a Car Radio preset, the preset will default to using the same name.

18.0.191 (5/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Webview reload button didn't work and could cause crashes.
2. Fixed: Some local default web pages were missing.
3. Changed: Added more debug logging to try to determine cause of intermittent SSDP failures.

18.0.190 (5/23/2013)

1. Changed: Enhanced WebView to support intercepting link clicks for webradio playback.
2. Fixed: WebView would not get keyboard focus so you couldn't type into web forms.
3. Changed: Added the ability to select the output bitdepth when using Kernel Streaming (Options > Audio > Output mode settings...).
4. Changed: Updated Polish translation (thanks Janusz Grzybek).
5. Changed: Radio buttons will use multiple lines for their text when necessary instead of truncating the text (helps with large font sizes).
6. Changed: Updated the French language translation (thanks rlebrette).
7. Fixed: If a connection to a Library Server was sporadic, it could lead to cases where a link to external cover art could be lost.
8. Fixed: Mono ALAC files were not being parsed or played correctly.
9. Fixed: In some cases, 5.1 input was not working with the FLAC encoder.
10. Fixed: When using 'Gapped' playback mode, the gap would not be honored when switching hardware output formats (normally sample rate).
11. Fixed: The playback position could be incorrect when using a gapped playback mode.
12. Changed: When converting a file with a bitdepth greater than 24, the engine will convert to 24-bit (with dither) to feed the encoder (since few encoders support more than 24-bit files).
13. NEW: DSP Studio can be enabled during audio conversion (Library Tools > Convert Format), allowing resampling, channel mixing, convolution, etc.
14. Fixed: A rare crash when parsing certain MP4 audio files.

18.0.187 (5/17/2013)

1. Fixed: Importing or playing APE format files in OSX 10.6 would crash.
2. NEW:  Internal web browser support.  We still need to implement catching links so we can (for example) make web radio playback easier.
3. Changed: Audio Path will better show when a padded bitdepth (like 24-bit inside a 32-bit container) is in use.
4. Fixed: The phrase "JRSS Subwoofer (x Hz lowpass)" in Output Format configuration could not be translated.
5. Fixed: In some cases, 5.1 input was not working with the FLAC encoder.
6. Fixed: When using 'Gapped' playback mode, the gap would not be honored when switching hardware output formats (normally sample rate).
7. Fixed: The playback position could be incorrect when using a gapped playback mode.

18.0.182 (5/14/2013)

1. Fixed: Tagging in the action window could crash.

18.0.181 (5/10/2013)

1. Fixed: Some m4a and alac files would not import or play because of a mismatched sample count in the mp4 STTS header.  We now ignore this error since it shouldn't impact playback performance.
2. Fixed: Radio streams would 'click' every few seconds because metadata was not getting parsed out of the stream.

18.0.180 (5/8/2013)

1. Fixed: Tooltips were not showing properly in the last few builds.
2. Fixed: Clicking away from an in-place list edit control would not reliably stop the editing.
3. Fixed: DoP bitstreaming of DSD was not working with some devices.
4. Fixed: Hardware with complex buffer arrangement could crash when playing to only some of the channels.
5. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
6. Changed: Updated Polish translation (thanks Janusz Grzybek).
7. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks Johnny B).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.214 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 06:46:33 pm »

18.0.214 (8/27/2013)

1. NEW: Moved application menu to the normal 'Mac' location at the top of the screen.  Still some skinning and positioning work to be done.

Looking good :)

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 07:56:40 pm »

It seems as though when I close 214 my library goes away.  If I open it and run auto import it comes back.  

It's not even saved under "Configure Auto Import".  I need to browse again to the folder location(s).  I'm using a Synology 1813+ (DSM 4.3).

Also, the Tools and Help menu have the same options.

Any ideas?  
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Solitary1

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 10:03:45 pm »

I get "Something is wrong with the playback" error. I have had this error for a long time. Tried switching dacs, no go.

Mac OSX 10.8.3->Mac Mini Late 2012 Quad Core i7 2.6g/ 16g RAM->iTunes/Audirvana +/ BitPerfect/ Amarra HiFi, Fidelia, Decimal->ALO Pan Am DAC/Headphone amp.-> Audio GD-NFB-1132 DAC/Headphone Amp. ->Sennheiser HD650 Headphones or AKG K702 Headphones

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 06:29:22 am »

Try setting up audio again.  Please start a thread for this.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 06:38:04 am »

Try setting up audio again.  Please start a thread for this.
Who is this directed to?
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 07:44:32 am »

Solitary1

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 07:51:20 am »

Solitary1
OK.  Any help with Reply #2 would be greatly appreciated.

My podcast:

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 08:18:39 am »

Not here - Tools and Help each have different options in their drop down menus.   

keithw

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 02:22:48 pm »

I'm having an issue with some of the Tools items - they are not working.  If I select a batch of files and (for example) use Tools>Library Tools I get a greyed out "no files selected" message.  I have used this option a lot in earlier versions without this problem.

JohnT

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 02:34:04 pm »

I'm having an issue with some of the Tools items - they are not working.  If I select a batch of files and (for example) use Tools>Library Tools I get a greyed out "no files selected" message.  I have used this option a lot in earlier versions without this problem.
Sorry about that, this will be fixed for the next build.

JohnT

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 04:33:42 pm »

It seems as though when I close 214 my library goes away.  If I open it and run auto import it comes back.  

It's not even saved under "Configure Auto Import".  I need to browse again to the folder location(s).  I'm using a Synology 1813+ (DSM 4.3).

Any ideas?  
Is the Synology still mounted and visible in Finder?  Is the behavior different than build 213?  The library code hasn't changed at all between builds.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 05:39:42 pm »

Is the Synology still mounted and visible in Finder? 
Yes.

Is the behavior different than build 213?  The library code hasn't changed at all between builds.
Yes.  It worked fine with 213 with DSM 4.2.  Hmmm. 

213 & 214 work fine on 10.8.4 with the Synology (DSM 4.3).  I think it's 10.6.8, DSM 4.3 & 214.  That combo has it wacked!   :(

The good news is once you get 214 fixed for 10.6.8 I can at least give you a log file which will hopefully shed some light.  I just rolled back to 213 and I'm importing now and I'll report back after the huge import is complete.

My podcast:

bsauvage

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 05:40:19 pm »

Menu bar on top is good, but the look of the menus is still PC-like, not Mac-like.
Also their behaviour: you need to move to the category and click it for the menu to appears, while std mac behaviour is simply move over it.

But it's looking better by the day!

Thanks

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 06:17:32 pm »

UPDATE:

So 213 & 214 loose the library with DSM 4.3  on 10.6.8 (Mac Mini)

213 & 214 work fine with DSM 4.3 on 10.8.4 on my MacBook Air. 

Now what?

My podcast:

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 08:29:39 pm »

Egads!

Ok, I have 214 installed as well. However with this installation I re installed my entire library as I had re-organized it. When I re-launch my library is still intact. I know that doesn't help you out.

Mac Mini, Mac OS 10.8.4, Synology NAS running DSM 4.2. Guess you already jumped to 4.3...;)

Barr
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 09:05:20 pm »

Egads!

Ok, I have 214 installed as well. However with this installation I re installed my entire library as I had re-organized it. When I re-launch my library is still intact. I know that doesn't help you out.

Mac Mini, Mac OS 10.8.4, Synology NAS running DSM 4.2. Guess you already jumped to 4.3...;)

Barr
Yeah.  I tested 10.8.4 with DSM 4.3 and it works no problem with MC18.214.  My Mini which is what I use is 10.6.8. 

My podcast:

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 09:21:53 pm »

With Display appearing in the left sidebar, if you resize MC from the left edge (x-axis), the display stays put and doesn't move where it should.  If you resize the program from the lower right corner, it jumps back to where it should be.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 02:49:22 am »

Here's a new one…

Looking at my collection of albums in "Recent Albums" mode and all of a sudden 1/2 of the Album art 'goes away' and is replaced by the generic place holder icon with the 'note' symbols.

It doesn't get any better after a while.  So I quit the app and re-launch and they start to come back.  As of posting this all but 18 are back.
But when I look at the contents of the album (click on the 'file') of an album that doesn't show any album art in the Recent Album window, the small thumbnail art does appear properly.

This is new behavior.

EDIT:  So I go into the Panes view and use the 'Cover Art' > 'Quick find' function and an error message pops up saying there is a tagging error but then the album art fixes itself anyway.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

arjan2856

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 03:20:24 am »

In mini view the orange minimise icon sits half over the previous track button. Minimise icon usually not used in mini player mode on OSX.

JohnT

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 12:13:37 pm »

Any ideas?  
I can't replicate this problem on our 10.6.8 system.  The library stays intact and the auto-import dialog contains the previously used file path.  When you close the program, does it look like it closes normally or does it crash?  When you start the program, does it warn you about a "read-only" library?  Maybe after re-importing files, closing the program, then restarting and seeing that the library is back to zero tracks, you could send me a log file. (johnt at jriver dot com).  Thanks.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 12:19:21 pm »

I can't replicate this problem on our 10.6.8 system.  The library stays intact and the auto-import dialog contains the previously used file path.  When you close the program, does it look like it closes normally or does it crash?  When you start the program, does it warn you about a "read-only" library?  Maybe after re-importing files, closing the program, then restarting and seeing that the library is back to zero tracks, you could send me a log file. (johnt at jriver dot com).  Thanks.
John,

It closes normally.  I would send you a log file but as mentioned above and you have confirmed, 10.6.8 isn't able to do that as the menu isn't correct under 'help". 

I have sent Synology a debug file to make sure it isn't on their end as well.  i've Cc'd you on that email too as I want to make sure it gets resolved as quickly as possible without wasting any resource from the get-go. 

Thanks!

My podcast:

JohnT

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 12:36:08 pm »

John,

It closes normally.  I would send you a log file but as mentioned above and you have confirmed, 10.6.8 isn't able to do that as the menu isn't correct under 'help". 

I have sent Synology a debug file to make sure it isn't on their end as well.  i've Cc'd you on that email too as I want to make sure it gets resolved as quickly as possible without wasting any resource from the get-go. 

Thanks!
After you do an import, what do the file-names look like in Media Center's list view?  Mine look like this example when imported from a network share drive:
/Volumes/Media/Music/Adele/21/Rumour Has It.flac

I believe your Synology should also show up in the Volumes hierarchy as a Samba share, but I've never used a Synology.  It may need some configuration.
Here's a topic with some good information about this issue:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80885.0

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 02:56:17 pm »

Two thoughts - putting aside differences in Mac OS.

1. To the earlier point - are you auto mounting your Music Folder on the NAS at boot time on the Mac Mini? As noted the other thread provides directions on how to do so. You can also auto launch MC this way too, but be sure to have the Music Folder mounting first in the startup (Login) sequence.

2. I seem to recollect there is a setting in JRiver to not remove/delete a library if the disk/folder/volume the library is contained upon is not available when launching JRiver. However I cannot recall what that setting is and I do not have JRiver in front of me at the moment, perhaps John would know?

Barr
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 03:03:35 pm »

Ok I believe these were the settings I was referring to in #2:

Advanced Import Options:

When you import files, you create a library. The import/update library function can update that library automatically in a number of ways:

Fix or Remove Broken Links. If you move files in Windows Explorer, Media Center no longer knows where they are (try to always move files from within Media Center). The files will still appear in your library, but their path will no longer be correct, and the files will not play. Selecting this option looks at all of the folders you have selected under Search, and if the files were moved into one of those folders, then the path will be corrected in your library. If they do not appear in those folders, then the files will be removed from your library.

Update Library for external file change. This works in conjunction with Fix or Remove Broken Links above, and updates your library accordingly.

I would be curious as to whether you had "Fix or Remove Broken Links" enabled. This would explain why the files "disappeared" if your NAS music folder was no longer mounted.

Of course this may all be moot if in fact it was mounted.

Oh and just found this section as well, see #3!

In the options under the Library & Folders settings for Auto-Import Folders, there is an option for Fix broken links. There are three options:

No
Yes
Yes (protect network files)

What do these options mean, especially protect network files?
1. No:
Doesn't automatically remove anything.

2. Yes:
Automatically removes any files from the database that it finds missing on disk. Be very careful with this setting if any of your disks are removable or network. If the disk is disconnected, that counts as "missing" and the files will be removed.

3. Yes (protect network files):
Same as #2, except for that files living on a network (or removable) disk are left alone. This is useful in case the server goes down (or you trip over and unplug your network or USB cord). Otherwise, MC12 would happily delete your library. MC will check to see if the network drive folder can be reached. If it exists and the file is not there, then that file will be removed from the library. This is MC12's default setting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up