INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updated Windows libarary to MC19, can't connect from Mac version.  (Read 7933 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Updated Windows libarary to MC19, can't connect from Mac version.
« on: September 04, 2013, 05:46:26 pm »

Went to update MC18 on my Windows machine and saw the stickied forum post that MC19 was now the recommended version so I updated to that instead.  There is no MC19 for OSX yet, so it can't be updated.  When I try to connect using library server I get the message that I can't connect due to Server being 24 and client version being 21.

Since I have already updated all my Windows boxes to 19 and have already made changes to the libraray, I guess I am SOL using MC on my Mac now (I use a single central library from all machines).  Any idea when MC19 for OSX will be out, or if there will be some type of patch to make it work with the MC19 shared library?

Can you update that post recommending 19 instead of 18 to warn others not to upgrade at this time?

Edit:
I realize in hindsight that this is not a good thing to do, but at the time I was troubleshooting an issue with MC18.  First thing I always do is upgrade to the latest version and the post on the MC18 board said that MC19 was the recommended version now so I jumped to that.  Inter version client/server issues were the last thing on my mind because I have never run multiple major releases before (other than stand alone testing), and I frequently run different minor releases in client/server version due to differences of when the different clients auto-updated.  A warning on that sticky post would have stopped me from doing this.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Updated Windows libarary to MC19, can't connect from Mac version.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 07:00:18 pm »

Sorry for the inconvenience, but you're in luck because version 19 for Mac will be coming out very soon.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up