INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you import or move single files?  (Read 1269 times)

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck
How do you import or move single files?
« on: September 16, 2013, 12:13:57 am »

I downloaded HD Tracks Sampler album and tried to import it into J River from the folder on my NAS (M: drive). I don't know what went wrong but it started a whole cascade of problems. In trying to manually correct things, the contents of several Albums somehow ended up in another Album. Fortunately, I finally was able to restore things form a library backup. The experience raised a number of questions.

Is it possible to import a single file into J River from the music library stored on my NAS as opposed to a whole folder.

Is there a way to move a single file or files within J River, that somehow got moved to the wrong Album, to the correct Album?

Also, in Configure Auto Import, I had wrongly checked "Ignore files previously removed from the library". That prevented me from importing them again properly either automatically or manually by folder when I was trying to correct the damage from above. In Options > Import > Configure Auto Import, I have tried to change the setting by removing the check mark beside "Ignore..." but the setting change doesn't seem to register. I don't get a dialog asking if I want to save changes, and if I click Finish it then ruins my library by eliminating previously deleted files that I had restored from a backup. I then have to restore the library again. This has become very frustrating.

How can I restore things so that when I run Auto Import it will always import anything on my M: drive that isn't currently in the Main Library, especially Albums or files that were previously deleted in J River?
Pages: [1]   Go Up