INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No music playback on Sony SA-NS400  (Read 1135 times)

g-luv

No music playback on Sony SA-NS400
« on: September 17, 2013, 10:55:20 pm »

I just got a Sony SA-NS400 speaker and I can't get any audio to playback to it through MC 18.0.212.
I'm a real amateur when it comes to MC as I've only been using it for a few months and it works perfectly for my Xbox 360's. Now I've got this Sony speaker hooked up on the same network and every time I try to play to it I get an error stating "There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double check your device, server and network settings", when I click OK to that I get another error stating "Something went wrong with playback".
I've changed a bunch of settings in Tools | Options | Media Network including adding new DLAN servers for Generic DLNA and Playstation 3. I saw another post regarding playback issues on the Sony SA-NS400 and tried making some of those changes but to no avail.

I know the speaker is working and on the network because it plays back with no problem through Windows Media Player 12. I'd really much rather play to this speaker with MC than with WMP Does anyone one the specific configuration I need to have in MC to get the playback working?

Thank you.

g-luv

Re: No music playback on Sony SA-NS400
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 11:44:11 am »

I was able to resolve this by shutting down and restarting my Windows 7 PC which runs the MC. I guess that means that even completely exiting MC does not terminate all of its processes. Regardless, it was a one time thing to fix the issue and now I can easily stream DLNA to these speakers from the MC.
By the way the speakers sound great for about $100 they are an easy extension to any room in your house so long as you have Wi-Fi and power there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up