INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19 install instructions.  (Read 3769 times)

Bachiano

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver Media Center 19 install instructions.
« on: September 27, 2013, 11:23:46 am »

Anything I should be aware of to insure a smooth transition?

Thanks
Bachiano

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 19 install instructions.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 11:35:15 am »

If you are running MC18 I would recommend that you Backup your library file.

Then install MC19 and restore from Backup and you should be up and running.

Barr
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 02:54:04 pm »

Are there more specific instructions on where this library file is located or if it is a built in feature of MC?
I ask because 'library' is a common term used by the OS and exists in multiple places.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 03:14:18 pm »

File/Library/Backup.

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 04:14:34 pm »

Are there more specific instructions on where this library file is located or if it is a built in feature of MC?
I ask because 'library' is a common term used by the OS and exists in multiple places.

JJ

Apologies, I was less than clear, it is built into MC, attached is a screenshot.

Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 04:41:35 pm »

:thumb :thumb

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

timbarnes

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 12:31:47 pm »

Media Center 19 seems to hang when I try to access a library.

I backed up my MC18 library and restored into MC19. After restarting, it looked OK until I clicked on the Audio tab at the left side. Now it's just sitting in an unresponsive mode  :(, not consuming CPU, so I don't think it's processing the library. Any ideas?

Thanks,
tim

Update: restart for the third time, now it seems OK.

darthlaker

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 08:30:37 pm »

If I upgrade will I still have my customized Audio selections I have created in version 18?

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 10:36:23 pm »

If I upgrade will I still have my customized Audio selections I have created in version 18?

What are customized Audio selections? I found by backing up my MC18 Library and restoring it in MC19 I retained all my previous settings and views (including custom views) and playlists.

darthlaker

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 11:05:08 pm »

I am not sure what it is called. I customize certain fields. i.e. - i can view only 24 bit files.

I am wondering if these get lost when updating to 19?

How and where do you backup your 18 library to?

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 12:02:01 am »

Here is how you can backup and restore the MC Library.

0. Launch MC 18
1. File->Library->Backup Library
2. Quit MC18
3. Launch MC19
4. File->Library->Restore Library

I believe this should restore all.

pcbr

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 02:09:07 am »

Hi to everybody. I'm new user.
My problem: after installing MC 19 I have mac like interface, but after restoring library I have old interface windows like. The same after reinstalling MC 19. Any solution?
Thx

druism

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 05:04:09 am »

I found that I needed to browse for the MC18 backed up library when restoring. It worked fine but gave me a duplicate of the "Main" library in the list, so I presume I just delete the empty one. However, when it came to restoring the second library, it did not go so well. It said the library had been restored okay but then it hung and each time I try to run MC19 it hangs. I had selected and was in the "empty" second library when I went to restore the backed up second library, so there should not have been any conflict. Any advice please?

druism

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 05:32:22 am »

To give a little more information to my earlier post...

I only use MC for music, nothing else. I am accessing the music server using screen sharing. When I open MC19 it appears fine until I try to get it to show either of the libraries. It reports that it is loading and that I should please wait but then it hangs and the cursor turns into an eraser; wiping blocks of information out as it tracks over the window. I can only then force quit.
In the Library/Application Support/J River folder I have distinct Media Centre 18 and 19 folders but their contents differ. In MC18 (which still works fine) I have: Cache, Cover Art, Default RAW Image Cache, Library, Log.txt, Second library, Settings, Temp and Thumbnails. In MC19 I have: Default RAW Image Cache, Library, Log.txt, Previous Log.txt, Settings, Temp and Thumbnails. Although MC19 reported having restored the Second library it did not appear in the MC19 folder. I tried copying it across manually, fully aware that this would probably not work and, sure enough, it didn't. Having two, distinct, libraries is very important to me and how the music is managed so I would like to find a way of sorting this out.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 07:34:15 am »

Hi to everybody. I'm new user.
My problem: after installing MC 19 I have mac like interface, but after restoring library I have old interface windows like. The same after reinstalling MC 19. Any solution?
Thx
Select skins under the View menu.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 07:38:24 am »

druism,
I'm not sure you can restore two libraries, but try this.  Restore the first, then clone it to a new name (because you can't delete the Main library or rename it).  Then restore the second.

If that doesn't work, I can't help further.  You could try starting a new topic with a descriptive subject and see if anyone else knows the answer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up