INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio fast forward/rewind?  (Read 1862 times)

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Audio fast forward/rewind?
« on: September 29, 2013, 09:35:38 am »

I have an RF remote control which I've programmed MC to use with the learning facility in the Remote Control settings.

There are fast forward and rewind buttons which I've assigned to the equivalent functions in the command list and left the Jump commands empty. But when pressing these buttons I still seem to get Jump behaviour, i.e. back or forward a set number of seconds as configured in the Audio settings.

Is there any way to get MC to implement a continuous fast forward and rewind, i.e. press the button once and it audibly rewinds at 2x speed until Play is pressed, or press it again and the rewind increases to 4x, and so on? Or a 2x rewind for as long as the button is pressed?

csimon

Re: Audio fast forward/rewind?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 03:29:04 am »

bump

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 07:28:18 am »

On my remote, the << and >> (FFD and RWD) buttons do this.

csimon

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 09:10:49 am »

Yeah, those are the buttons I'm trying to get to work, I've assigned them to Fast forward and Rewind on the remote commands list (using the Learning function), but I get Jump behaviour instead when playing audio.  The Jump commands have been left empty.  They work as expected while playing video - I press once to get 2X, twice to get 4x, etc.  They just won't work in audio.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 11:35:38 am »

Is there any way to get MC to implement a continuous fast forward and rewind, i.e. press the button once and it audibly rewinds at 2x speed until Play is pressed, or press it again and the rewind increases to 4x, and so on? Or a 2x rewind for as long as the button is pressed?

No, sorry.

For audio, there is only a standard seek.

You can use DSP Studio > Tempo & Pitch to change the playback rate, although I'm not sure how to remote control it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

csimon

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 11:49:10 am »

OK, thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up