INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 19.0.49 -- Available Here  (Read 7221 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center for Mac version 19.0.49 -- Available Here
« on: October 02, 2013, 03:43:07 pm »

This is the latest release of Media Center 19 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190049.dmg

19.0.49 (10/2/2013)

1. Fixed: Copying zone settings was causing crashes.
2. Fixed: In the JRiver folder under Application Support, an unnecessary "Generic" folder was getting created at program startup.
3. Fixed: A running instance of Media Center would prevent OSX from shutting down.
4. Fixed: Audio calibration tool was not available because the plugin 'in_audiotest' was not included with the build.
5. Fixed: Skin effects menu item was missing.
6. Fixed: Many non-applicable image/video items were still in the options dialog and some menus.

19.0.47 (9/27/2013)

1. Changed: Increased default internal audio buffer size and provide more user control over internal and hardware buffering.

19.0.46 (9/26/2013)

First build of MC19 for Mac.
1. Changed: Uses the Boost library for regular expressions which is more powerful than the previously used Posix library.

18.0.219 (9/26/2013)

1. Fixed: Radio buttons were not working.
2. Fixed: Locate > On Disk (external) was not working.
3. Fixed: If Media Center's window position got placed off the top of the screen, it could not be moved back into position.  Now a bad position is fixed at start-up time.

18.0.218 (9/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Files view in tree would not show any files when a folder name in the path contained a bracket character '[]'.
2. Fixed: Mute for system volume was not working.
3. NEW: Next/Previous keyboard media keys are now working.  When held down, they fire FastForward/Rewind events.
4. Fixed: Horizontal scroll direction was the opposite of the Mac 'Natural' scroll direction.
5. Changed: Web links bar is now available (Amazon, AMG, Wiki, etc.).
6. Fixed: Media Center was trying (and failing) to update at program startup. The startup check has been removed.

18.0.217 (9/9/2013)

1. Changed: When media files stored on network drives cannot be found (drive not mounted), files are no longer removed from library - just marked as unavailable.
2. Fixed: Thumbnail drawing could cause crashes on some Macs running 10.6.8 OSX (and maybe others?).
3. Changed: Re-enabled skin effects dialog since MMX functions have been rewritten to utilize SSE instructions.
4. Fixed: In Panes view, file path locations were not working as a panes category for browsing.

18.0.216 (9/5/2013)

1. Fixed: Automatic library backups were not taking place.
2. Fixed: Audio input configuration under: "Tools / Options / Audio / Advanced / Configure input plugin..."  was not working at all.
3. Fixed: System volume control was still not working with some USB DAC's (didn't make it into the last build).
4. Fixed: In Media Network options, Web Gizmo appearance option wasn't working.
5. Changed: Several options were being shown even though they didn't apply to the Mac version.

18.0.215 (8/29/2013)

1. Fixed: 'Tools' main menu option was not honoring the current file selection (would show 'No files selected').
2. Fixed: Cmd-Q now quits the application.
3. Fixed: On OSX 10.6, the Help menu was not working.
4. Fixed: Close & minimize buttons were located incorrectly in mini-view mode.
5. Fixed: System volume was not properly controlling the volume on some USB connected DAC's (i.e. Dragonfly).

18.0.214 (8/27/2013)

1. NEW: Moved application menu to the normal 'Mac' location at the top of the screen.  Still some skinning and positioning work to be done.

18.0.213 (8/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Right clicking in playback display window and choosing "Tag" would cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Filepath() was not functioning properly with user-supplied paths (e.g. filepath(//Users/johnt//foo.mp3)).
3. Fixed: Cover art in Action Window could not be copied to/from the clipboard.
4. Fixed: The "Export playlist" option to use relative paths was not working.
5. Fixed: Apparent z-order problem with auto-import results dialog: it would be invisible and cause the app to look hung.

18.0.212 (8/19/2013)

1. Changed: Improved skin looks more "Mac like".
2. Changed: Sharper text font drawing.
3. Fixed: Custom column sorting window would show up empty.
4. Fixed: MC could fail to load ID3 tag data in AIFF and WAVE files.
5. Fixed: Importing of mp4 files that had a copyright atom could cause MC to crash.

18.0.211 (7/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Semi-colon in path names could cause import to not work.
2. NEW: Audio files can be played from Finder.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
4. Fixed: DLNA bug where SetNextAVTransportURI gets called at least once even when disabled.
5. Fixed: DLNA polling interval bug, reduce chatter.
6. Changed: DLNA handle bug from some renderers which mis-spell NOT_IMPLEMENTED!
7. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).

18.0.207 (7/3/2013)

1. Fixed: Mouse scroll wheel wasn't working on OSX 10.6 systems.
2. Fixed: On OSX 10.6 systems, it would appear to hang when trying to quit the program.
3. Fixed: Downloading files larger than 2GB could fail.
4. Changed: Tuned how the time remaining is reported in the Action Window during downloads (to work better with large downloads and to be more concise).
5. Fixed: Album and artist fields in "Podcast tag and file renaming rules" now work as expected.
6. Fixed: Ogg Vorbis now fills its compression field with "Ogg Vorbis".
7. Fixed: When converting some FLAC files to ogg, it will no longer tag as "ogv"

18.0.206 (6/28/2013)

1. Fixed: Bold and Italic modes chosen in font picking dialog did not get used.
2. Fixed: Font picking dialog did not initialize to the current font settings.
3. Fixed: Text was unreadable in disabled text edit fields.
4. Fixed: Once Cover View was selected, the top line of the display with the 'leave cover view' button was inaccessible so you couldn't exit cover view.

18.0.202 (6/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Some ALAC files (e.g. those produced by 'Sound Studio 3') were not playable because of a strange looking 'alac' mp4 atom.  We now ignore the strange data.
2. Fixed: Media Center was not honoring the typeface chosen in the font picking dialog.

18.0.201 (6/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Trackpad scrolling did not support the fine scrolling mode, so it was difficult to scroll to a particular item in a list.
2. Fixed: Web page titles on tabs were showing extraneous text.
3. NEW: Support for choosing text fonts using the Options dialog 'Select font...' item under Tree & View.
4. Fixed: Tag saving to APE files was not working (Mac only).
5. Changed: Switched the default audio buffering method to 'Hardware default' to work better with devices that don't properly support hardware buffer size changes (configurable in Options > Audio > Output mode settings...).
6. Fixed: Typing into the Search box could cause crashes when a MC Windows library had been transferred to Mac and it contained long field values (e.g. Lyrics field).
7. Changed: When a file has no Replay Gain, a Replay Gain of -10dB will be used if no other files in Playing Now are analyzed (otherwise the average of analyzed files is used).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 19.0.49 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 05:10:56 pm »

An import shows I have 41433 files in my Library.

Yet my All database smartlist indicates there are only 34 files (this is correct).  I think MC still has a bunch (of hidden) image and movie files in the database.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 11:16:00 pm »

I have found that this release and the previous one occasionally "beach balls" upon initial program launch, requiring a "Force Quit" from the Apple  menu. After that the application can be re-launched and works fine. I will try and capture a log file after the next beach ball incident. Otherwise everything else is working fine.

Barr
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 08:21:33 am »

An import shows I have 41433 files in my Library.

Yet my All database smartlist indicates there are only 34 files (this is correct).  I think MC still has a bunch (of hidden) image and movie files in the database.
I'll look into it.  BTW, have you had a chance to do much regular expression testing now that MC for Mac is using the Boost library?

MrC

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 11:01:04 am »

I'll look into it.  BTW, have you had a chance to do much regular expression testing now that MC for Mac is using the Boost library?

Thanks.

When did the switch occur?  I didn't see a change log entry (but then the switch to boost was silent too, as was the initial POSIX lib usage).  I'll import my main library with lots of test expressions.

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 11:10:05 am »

Thanks.

When did the switch occur?  I didn't see a change log entry (but then the switch to boost was silent too, as was the initial POSIX lib usage).  I'll import my main library with lots of test expressions.
It's in the change log for the first Mac 19 build ("1. Changed: Uses the Boost library for regular expressions...").  Thanks for testing!

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 11:15:13 am »

I just installed this version and am having some problems, primarily with spinning rainbow wheel hangs, where the interface becomes unresponsive and I have to force quit.  This usually occurs after I start the program and when I click on Audio, and begin to scroll throw available albums or artists.

Initially, I had trouble importing my rather large library because of numerous crashes, but virtually all of these were related to excessively long filenames, etc. and by examining the log, I could get things back on track.  It would probably be a good idea to try to improve the handling of long or weird filenames and issue warnings.

Post import, all my audio seems to be in place.  However, I'm getting frequent hangs where the log file simply indicates normal initial startup activity, such as import / broken link checks, etc. and then no further activity, with the interface completely hung. Only a force quit helps at this point.

If there's information I can provide to you to help debug, please let me know.  I'm very anxious for MC 19 for Mac to stabilize so I can use it in lieu of the Windows version running under VMWare Fusion.

Thanks,

--Golden

Please send me a backup of your library and I'll check it out (johnt at jriver dot com). Thanks.

MrC

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 11:15:23 am »

You sneaky bugger.  :-)  It used to say:

19.0.46 (9/26/2013)

I'll update the notes.

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 11:16:59 am »

You sneaky bugger.  :-)  It used to say:

19.0.46 (9/26/2013)

I'll update the notes.

Oops, I thought I updated that pretty quickly, but you're quicker.

MrC

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 11:21:11 am »

This, and something posted the other day, were good, as they've suggested I change how I post the notes.  Instead of posting only the delta, I'll update the procedure to post everything from the current log so that any subtle changes like this get caught automatically.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 02:25:16 pm »

That drop down box that just appears, as if by magic, still pops up then goes away in a flash  (I assume it’s the same one).  It happens so fast now I can't read any of it to tell, but it is still being created in the same place on the screen and at the same time in the startup process.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

gentleolas

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 06:53:56 am »

I upgraded because of a bug I found in last few builds of MC Mac 18 which had not been fixed.  I use it to remote control my PC version of MC 19.  Namely the issue is only one of my view schemes works on the Mac now:  I use "Directory" based views, and have eight of them.  Only the first one works (top of the menu tree) on the Mac rendering of this remote MC library, and the other 7 do not work and show no files and have only one folder located beneath them named "Unassigned".   Mind you this worked in MC Mac 18 (a few builds prior to the latest).....

On the PC these work as desired of course, and show the subdirectories which contain all files as intended.  The first one which works is actually a rendering of all of the library's files' directories, whereas the other 7 are filtered on specific sub-directories, if that helps in understanding the problem.   

Unfortunately this makes the use of MC Mac as a remote control much less fun because the experience is dissimilar to the PC.   

Please can you help???

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 09:14:36 am »

Good old bug still there in MC 19 and in MC 18:

Diacritic signs create blanks in filename field.
If you write it to the filesystem they are there, too.

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 09:58:02 am »

MC 19 (and MC 18) crashes when importing .ape files (with diacritics in filename).

goatofmanycolors

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 10:17:48 am »

I can confirm the diacritics issue, which may at least partially related to my crashes described in another thread, when
attempting to resolve tagging problems using fill from filename.

A good test case is this band:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rin%C3%B4%C3%A7%C3%A9r%C3%B4se

goatofmanycolors

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 11:00:08 am »

I'm also encountering a tagging problem--when I manually update tags, I can type the first tag change (e.g., Album) freely, but if I tab to another field, e.g, Artist, then *only* selection from a drop-down box is permitted (I can't type text in the field).

gtimbers

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 02:08:04 pm »

I cannot get JRemote to work with MC19.  It works fine with MC18 but gives an error message with 19.  Something to the effect of Server not responding.  I then shut off 19, open 18 and everything is fine.  I tried setting up a fresh account.  The code was validated, but the computer was not recognized.  Without the remote, the program is useless to me so I have to keep using 18.

goatofmanycolors

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 04:01:57 pm »

I can confirm that JRemote is working with MC19 for me, so there much be something weird going on?

MrC

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 04:31:42 pm »

I cannot get JRemote to work with MC19.  It works fine with MC18 but gives an error message with 19.  Something to the effect of Server not responding.  I then shut off 19, open 18 and everything is fine.  I tried setting up a fresh account.  The code was validated, but the computer was not recognized.  Without the remote, the program is useless to me so I have to keep using 18.

A couple of things to check:

1) MC18 is completely shutdown (including the media server)
2) MC19 is running
3) MC19's Media Network is enabled.
4) Your firewall is configured to allow MC19 traffic*

* Installers help configure the firewall to allow traffic to flow (on Windows) or they auto-configure on first use (Mac), and sometimes users miss the dialog that appears when they install and inadvertently block the traffic.  For most, it is easiest to uninstall and then reinstall so the installer/OS can do the right thing.  Or, you can configure the firewall yourself if you know how.  Test by disabling the  firewall, to see if you can then connect with JRemote to MC19.

south

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 09:21:25 am »

I'm also encountering a tagging problem--when I manually update tags, I can type the first tag change (e.g., Album) freely, but if I tab to another field, e.g, Artist, then *only* selection from a drop-down box is permitted (I can't type text in the field).

I have goatofmanycolors same tagging problem.

Ian M

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 09:52:14 am »

I have goatofmanycolors same tagging problem.

Same for me I have to select tracks again and then go back to tagging pane.

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 04:20:36 pm »

I'm still getting duplicate library entries for anything that has an accented character.  There is only one file and both entries correctly point to the file, but it's pretty annoying. 

I posted a while ago in MC18 for Mac... http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80534.0

Thanks,
Peter

Chauncey

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 07:03:09 pm »

I have found that this release and the previous one occasionally "beach balls" upon initial program launch, requiring a "Force Quit" from the Apple  menu. After that the application can be re-launched and works fine. I will try and capture a log file after the next beach ball incident. Otherwise everything else is working fine.

Barr

I get the "beach ball" every time I launch the program and attempt to scroll through my audio library.  It happens even after a "Force Quit".

goatofmanycolors

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 10:17:40 am »

Remote playback is working fine with this version with JRemote, but when I use a new iMac to connect to my J River server (which is a Mac Mini), tracks appear to play but I get no audio.   Has anyone seen something like this? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up