INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing characters in artist name  (Read 1989 times)

ehb_dave

Missing characters in artist name
« on: October 02, 2013, 04:58:07 pm »

Hi there,

There's an odd bug in MC 18 (v. 18.0.212) that I can't figure out. I display my albums using thumbnails and the text underneath is Album Name on the first line, then Album Artist on the second line. On a few of my albums (about half a dozen out of 900), the last character gets dropped. So, for instance, "The Fray" is displayed as "The Fra". This only occurs on the text underneath the thumbnail. When I open up the album to display the tracks, the full name is always displayed and it's always displayed correctly when I look at the Tag info. I tried deleting all the tracks, re-tagging the files with the full name, then re-adding the album, but that didn't change anything. The really strange part is that some Album Artists are inconsistently displayed, where most of the time I see the full name, but there's one instance of dropping the last character. For example, most of the time I see "The Fairfield Four" but one of the albums has "The Fairfield Fou", or I have three albums with "Talisman A Cappella", but one has "Talisman A Cappell".

These names aren't running out of room on the line ("The Fray" is a short name) and the characters being dropped are not special characters.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a fix?

Thanks,
Dave

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Missing characters in artist name
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 11:30:18 am »

Can you show your Thumbnail Text entry (via screenshot), after using Cmd-A to Select All in the edit box (see attached screenshot).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

ehb_dave

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 11:49:11 am »

Here's a screenshot of the window showing the thumbnail text (in general) and a specific instance ("The Fairfield Four" and "The Fairfield Fou") on the same screen.

Thanks,
Dave

MrC

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 12:09:15 pm »

Silly question, but have you checked your Album Artist that is missing the last letter?

ehb_dave

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 09:38:26 am »

Yes, I checked the tags on all of these files and the Album Artist is correct in the meta-data. Also, when I select "Tag" from the drop-down menu on a track, it shows that the Album Artist is correct. Here's a screen shot of "The Fray" becoming "The Fra" on the thumbnail text (top, under the album thumbnail), but being correct in the Tag (on the lower left).
Thanks,
Dave

MrC

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 11:45:01 am »

Ok, that's interesting.  Maybe someone at JRiver will comment soon...

ehb_dave

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 04:23:23 pm »

Just checking back to see if anyone at JRiver has seen this before?
Pages: [1]   Go Up