INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo: Audio tick since Gizmo 19  (Read 3324 times)

paronsoda

• World Citizen
Gizmo: Audio tick since Gizmo 19
« on: October 13, 2013, 02:12:27 pm »

Hi

I have noticed that since I installed the new version of Gizmo on my cell phone  I get several audio ticks when I playback music. It sounds like the short interupt you can hear if the WiFi transmission isn't good enough. However I have tried several things to pinpoint the problem.

Some background info:
Server with Win 7 (32 bit) running MC19 with all the music files
Cell phone: Sony Xperia Tipo with Gizmo 19 as a playback device

I have formated the HD on the Server and made a new install of Win 7 and MC 19.
I have also reset the cell phone to factory default and made a new installation of Gizmo 19.

The audio tick is only noticeable when I play back on my cell phone over WiFi. If I use Gizmo to playback on my amplifier (through cable) it sound OK.
I have changed the audio quality in Gizmo on the cell phone but the problem is still there.

The problem seemed to have started when I downloaded the new version of Gizmo to my Android. I think this was sometime in August. Before that I never had this problem even when listening over the mobile internet connection.

Hope some one can help me as this problem is very annoying. Its like listening to an old broken vinyl record :-)

Thanks for any help

paronsoda

• World Citizen
Re: Gizmo: Audio tick since Gizmo 19
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 01:21:18 am »

I forgot to mention one other thing which might help.

On Gizmo on my cell phone I often see the message "Error communicating with server". This happends even when I have good WiFi connection with my router. Before I installed the new version of Gizmo I have never seen it before.

Fabricio

• Citizen of the Universe
  • No one has patience with me.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 04:15:07 am »

I forgot to mention one other thing which might help.

On Gizmo on my cell phone I often see the message "Error communicating with server". This happends even when I have good WiFi connection with my router. Before I installed the new version of Gizmo I have never seen it before.

"Error communicating with server", for me also.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 07:23:46 am »

The error message was added recently, but it means just that.  MC isn't getting data from the server.   It could be the network or it could be the server.

I've never heard a tick sound using Gizmo.  Try setting it to convert to a lower bandwidth size.  Gizmo options.

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 07:40:37 am »

Hi Jim

I have already tried to change to a lower bandwidth but unfortunately with the same result. However I will reset my router to the factory default settings and then add the port forwarding for Gizmo again, just to make sure that there isn't anything wrong with it.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 09:24:01 am »

You only need port forwarding if you are playing from outside your LAN.

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 01:34:29 pm »

Hi again Jim

I'm back with a few more tests.

I did a factory reset on my router just to make sure that it works alright.
I also set the router to a WiFi channel that none of my neighbours is using. I live in an apartment house so I suspected that it might be a risk that some neighbour recently bought a new router which interfered with mine.

But unfortunately the problem is still there. I have noticed that the audio tick shows up randomly. Sometimes I can listen to a whole song without any problem and the next time there is several ticks in one song. Its a bit strange because the message "Error connecting to server" doesn't not show when there is a audio tick. That message usually shows up when I move the slider to a new place in the song.

Is there some settings that I should check on the MC server to pin point the problem? Or does the new Gizmo 19 require more CPU power from the cell phone?

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 02:13:55 pm »

Hi again

I have done some more test. I understand if this might be a hard problem to solve but perhaps this information might be to some help.

I have run Gizmo 19.0.50 on two quite similar cell phones but with different results.

Sony Xperia Tipo
A smaller cell phone and recently reset and “cleaned” from all apps except Gizmo and a mail app.

Sony Xperia J
A bigger cell phone (I guess it also has a better hardware). Filled with different apps like Facebook, EBay, etc.

The results after playing music over the WiFi network on these two is that on the Xperia Tipo I can hear the audio ticks. This always occurs on songs that have been cached but in some cases also on songs that need "preparing".

On the Xperia J I have yet not been able to hear any audio ticks. Even though the message “error connecting to server” shows up during every song.

Could it be that Gizmo 19 require a more powerfull cell phone and the Xperia Tipo is to weak?
Also would it be possible for me to try the older version of Gizmo, before version 19? That would really help me to pin point the problem.

Thanks for any help

Fabricio

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 06:18:41 am »

The error message was added recently, but it means just that.  MC isn't getting data from the server.   It could be the network or it could be the server.

I've never heard a tick sound using Gizmo.  Try setting it to convert to a lower bandwidth size.  Gizmo options.

Please, what is the server? I do not understand. Sorry.

Gizmo does not connect anymore. MC 19.0.67 and Gizmo 19.0.50.

My internet is working perfectly...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 07:23:07 am »

MC is the server.

Fabricio

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 11:11:23 am »

MC is the server.

Gizmo does not connect.

When the problem is the server, as I solve? I need to reinstall?

Sorry, I do not understand.

I need to open a new topic?
Pages: [1]   Go Up