INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Save Files Automatically in Certain Folders according to Rating  (Read 925 times)

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Save Files Automatically in Certain Folders according to Rating
« on: October 17, 2013, 04:52:06 am »

After I have done my ratings on new tracks, I would like to automatically save the tracks in different folders according to itīs rating. In other words: Tracks with 5* ratings shall be moved to folder A, all other tracks shall be moved to folder B.

The reason for this is that I would like to have all my favourite songs locally on my laptop, the rest can stay at the central NAS at home.

Havenīt found something like an editable rule within JRiver, does somebody know, if this is possible? If not with JRiver, then with another program, which I run from time to time?

Thanks.

gappie

Re: Save Files Automatically in Certain Folders according to Rating
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 06:32:47 am »

what I would do (assuming you run mc from your laptop and want to take the 5 rating songs on the road):

go to options>handheld>add a device. this should be a folder where you want to store the tracks, on your laptop. now you can make a smartlist with all your 5 rating songs and sinc this with the folder new folder (check the settings etc).. the good thing is that it will leave your files on the nas unattached.

play around with it a bit first with a few files..

:)
gab

Al ex

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 09:02:48 am »

Thank you Gab, sounds like an excellent idea!

However, the only problem I see here is that when I then change the tags of the songs (by playing or manually) on this synced folder on my laptop, the files are not synced back to the main library on the NAS.

Al ex

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 09:07:56 am »

Here is the solution in case, someone else is having the same idea and looking for how to do it:

• In "RENAME MOVE & COPY FILES", tick and define, to which folder you want to move your files
  • Also define a rule there: [Rating]Stars
  • Create 6 sub-folders in the above folder, where you are usually storing your music (5Stars, 4Stars, 3Stars, 2Stars, 1Stars, _ starsStars)

Et voilá: whatever file I am renaming, it will be stored in one of the above folders. Thatīs exactly what I wanted to do. So I can store and leave all star1-4 tracks on my central storage, and the 5star I will sync with ALLSYNC also to my laptops.

Pages: [1]   Go Up