INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 8 - MC18 wav and cue lost sync???  (Read 7647 times)

bruce.weiland

• Recent member
Windows 8 - MC18 wav and cue lost sync???
« on: October 22, 2013, 05:03:02 pm »

Hello and HELP.

I have been running just fine with Windows 8 and MC18.  I had been listening to music in the morning, but when I booted up and tried to play in the afternoon I received the dreaded "something has gone wrong with the playback" message.  I was also getting a message about something not being registered.

I ran a re-index with windows and no change.  

I was running really low on disk space (under 5% free space) so I compressed the disk.   Still no improvement and I could not find most of my wav files.  Each artist/album had its own sub-directory with a full bandwidth ripped wav and cue file.  Howvever after running the compression most of the waves were gone.

I found them on the desktop and manually moved several hundred wav files back into the corresponding sub directories with the cue files, but....... MC18 does not see the cue sheets just the entire wav, which will play, but no track info.

If I roll back the library I get a correct cue, but the same previous error, and of course no file playing.

I don't relish the thought of re-ripping over 500 CD's.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Bruce
Martin Logan PRODIGY by passed crossovers, HP server - MC20, Windows 10, USB-S/PDIF cnvrtr, or (Linn/UltraCraft unipivot w/ VTAF, GAS Sleeping Beauty, CJ PV5 phono) to Behringer DEQ2496, PS Audio DSD DAC, JP200 clone, 2 Cary CAD 280SA V12 mono blocks - Cardas Helink Golden 5-C, Zero autoformers, AQ 144V Volcano to stats,Behringer DCX2496 to 2 bridged modified Behringer EP4000's - Geortz MI 3 to woofers and 2 ML Depth subs, Aural Thrills ACS tube powered interconnects

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Windows 8 - MC18 wav and cue lost sync???
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 05:17:41 pm »

The wiki has a topic called "Moving Files".  It might help.  You might compare the location of the files now and the location shown in the cue file.

bruce.weiland

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 05:28:26 pm »

Thanks I will check that out and report back
Martin Logan PRODIGY by passed crossovers, HP server - MC20, Windows 10, USB-S/PDIF cnvrtr, or (Linn/UltraCraft unipivot w/ VTAF, GAS Sleeping Beauty, CJ PV5 phono) to Behringer DEQ2496, PS Audio DSD DAC, JP200 clone, 2 Cary CAD 280SA V12 mono blocks - Cardas Helink Golden 5-C, Zero autoformers, AQ 144V Volcano to stats,Behringer DCX2496 to 2 bridged modified Behringer EP4000's - Geortz MI 3 to woofers and 2 ML Depth subs, Aural Thrills ACS tube powered interconnects

bruce.weiland

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 05:47:11 pm »

Not sure that helped.  I can still play the entire wav but MC18 does not pull in the cue file with track names, times, etc.   MC18 knows the name of the album and the total length, but  that is it??

bruce.weiland

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 07:40:51 pm »

Is there something I need to set in MC18 to import the cue at the same time as the wav into the library???  the wav and correct cue are in individual folders.  I have opened the cues and can not see any problem.

Remember this was all working fine in the morning and then not in the afternoon.  I even rolled windows back a few days just to be sure an update had not screwed things up.

Someone must have an idea.

Help!

Thanks

Bruce

bruce.weiland

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 09:28:37 am »

bump   :'(

bruce.weiland

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 09:53:53 am »

Is there some other forum where this question should be asked.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 10:14:52 am »

You'll need to find your cue files and see if they point to the correct location.  We can't help with that.

bruce.weiland

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 11:42:31 am »

Thanks for the input.

However, as stated in other much earlier posts about cue's at this site, they generally do NOT contain a path.  Mine don't.  I have looked.  And remember everything was working fine and had been for months, prior to my morning shutdown.  After boot up in the afternoon MC18 could no longer find the WAV sitting in the same sub-directory as the cue.

MC would return the "something........etc" error message.  I looked in the subd's at that time and the file locations had not change.

Any other ideas?

Bruce
Pages: [1]   Go Up