INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mavericks problem  (Read 3674 times)

rkhorton

• Junior Woodchuck
Mavericks problem
« on: October 22, 2013, 11:03:58 pm »

I have experienced the second crash of the evening with Mavericks and MC 19 for Mac. I don't know how to send the report to you. JRiver shuts totally down and an error report is generated. Much of the message seems to do with Apple Core Foundations, if that is of any help. I do believe there is also a diminishing of detail and extension on top during playback. No hardware changes, etc.. Just the update to Mavericks. :o

rkhorton

• Junior Woodchuck
Mavericks problem
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 05:26:31 am »

Good Morning, John. I believe I have encountered a major issue with MC 19 for Mac and Mavericks. MC has been running well and sounding excellent until the upgrade from Mountain Lion to Mavericks. The problem begin after about an hour listening session where MC completely shutdown. The OS continued to function normally, however. An error window appeared with a slew of lines of code detailing issues. JRiver is listed along with many other items such as Apple Core foundations, if that is important. MC will start now but upon selecting a tune the program crashes with yet another error window.

I am sorry to say I don't know how to send these error messages as I am new to the Mac platform. Apparently no copying and pasting in an email for example.  There were no changes to anything such as hardware or software setup. Just the update to Mavericks. Not much to go on but obviously something happened in the update to render MC useless at this point. I did install the latest update for MC before upgrading to Mavericks and am using a current iMac that was funning Mountain Lion. I also noted a shift in the playback where tunes seemed to be darker and slightly less detailed on top. There were also some distortions noted at times not experience before.

Will let the experts at JRiver sort things out. Thanks in advance, though

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Mavericks problem
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 09:55:11 am »

Try rebooting the computer.  Sounds like possibly a Mac audio driver has stopped working.  We are in the process of testing Mavericks.
A screenshot might be helpful: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11229
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

cbridgeford

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 10:58:52 am »

I've had it a couple times this morning.  I'll get you a screenshot next time. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 11:18:30 am »

Please report the full version number of MC that you use.  19.0.57 is available at the top of this board.

cbridgeford

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 11:36:52 am »

I am using 19.0.55.  In the third screen shot there is info related to a thread 16 crash.  I didn't capture the entire crash message, but all the parts that seemed relevant.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 11:43:31 am »

Please try 19.0.57.  Thanks for the screenshots.

cbridgeford

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 11:44:54 am »

I also have all the detailed text if you want it.  Just didn't want to put all on the forum.  Can you tell I am an IT guy? :)

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 11:48:32 am »

I also have all the detailed text if you want it.  Just didn't want to put all on the forum.  Can you tell I am an IT guy? :)

Thanks for the detailed info.  Looks like the crash is related to reading an http header value.  We'll look into it.  It would be good for you to update to build 57 as Jim said because we fixed a couple bugs in that one that were causing crashes, although they weren't related to http headers.  Just let us know if your experience is the same on build 57.

muzzer

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 11:51:15 am »

19.0.57 crashes when I try to import media into the library with Mavericks so does MC18.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 01:14:12 pm »

19.0.57 crashes when I try to import media into the library with Mavericks so does MC18.
Did you try importing a single folder and not running auto import by any chance?
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

JohnT

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 01:16:45 pm »

Can you send a log file following the crash?  logs at jriver dot com

rkhorton

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 02:18:24 pm »

Good Afternoon! I am pleased that others have had similar problems with Mavericks and MC 19 MAC. Being new to the Mac system I always assume I'm to blame for glitches. In reading the responses I wanted to say that I also updated iTunes. I noted a reference to a music driver or some such thing. Wonder if that made a difference. My iMac will be used strictly for music playback so the reason I'm not adept at sending screen shots. Have no idea how to begin with that.

What I have done is zeroed out the hard drive and am in the process of downloading Mavericks for a totally clean install not an update to Mountain Lion. When all is done late this evening, should I await a further update or fix to MC Mac? I had installed your latest version .57 before upgrading yesterday.

cbridgeford

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 07:02:50 pm »

After updating to 19.0.57, I have had no further issues.  One difference between my installation and others is that I am not using any files from iTunes.  All my music is in FLAC, not in an iTunes folder.  I was able to import a single folder without any issue as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up