INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conversion Cache Auto Imports into Library regardless of file location  (Read 1441 times)

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe

I was messing around with the Sync Handheld feature since I never used it before. 

I moved the conversion cache to my personal library so that it would not auto import (C:\Users\XXX\Music\J River Conversion Cache).  I have auto import set up to only scan the public library (C:\Users\Public\Music).

I created a Handheld folder directly on the hard drive (C:\Handheld) and tried to sync a couple of tracks from an SACD .iso to FLAC.  After a few attempts, I was successful (you must choose specified output, not specified output only when necessary). 

Great, it worked.  However, when I went back into my library, those tracks were now stacked.  At the bottom of the stack was the FLAC conversion from the J River Conversion Cache (traced through Filename).  Why are these files imported into my library when this file location should not auto import? 

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Conversion Cache Auto Imports into Library regardless of file location
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 10:43:19 am »

The conversion cache files are added to the Library.  Disable conversion cache if you don't want that.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

connersw

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 06:28:29 pm »

Thanks MrC.  I'm aware that I can turn it off; however, I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that MC did not import files into your library unless they were in your monitored import folders. 

Tooted

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 09:04:16 pm »

Similar problem. How do I get them out of my library once they are there? I currently have duplicate songs (1 flac and 1 mp3). Really annoying when trying to listen to an album. I would just assume delete all of the mp3

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 09:22:17 pm »

You can search for files and delete them.  Read carefully when you do.  Try a few and check youor work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up