INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac OPPO 103 and JRiver  (Read 2722 times)

denweeks

Mac OPPO 103 and JRiver
« on: October 24, 2013, 12:27:55 pm »

I  have a very vexing problem with JRiver and my Oppo 103.

Using the endless scrolling on my Oppo, using my living room  tv screen, I can play virtually anything residing on my basement  Mac Pro computer's hard drive through my new Oppo 103 and the sound is very good. I do tend to get tired scrolling around Brahms so Stravinsky is not going to get played this way.

I have installed the latest version 19.n of JRiver for Mac on my computer where the hard drive resides. It works very well when listening on this computer.

But when I try using the JRiver Media Center on my network to push files to the OPPO I run into a brick wall. MC recognizes the computer  on which it is installed as the "Player."  It also recognized my Sony Bravia TV as an additional player. It does not detect the OPPO.

My connections are:
Ethernet to OPPO
Oppo HDMI  to Sony Bravia TV HDMI  (This is ARC compliant.)
OPPO analog outs to my NAD amp.
Cable box to Oppo by HDMI

The Oppo does a fine job serving Netflix to the TV. It also serves the cable box very well.

Any Ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Mac OPPO 103 and JRiver
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 12:43:48 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Not all DLNA devices work as Renderers.  You could read about the 103 in other topics on our Media Network board.

mysticisgod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 04:26:09 pm »

I have the Oppo 105 and has been working. Although I never use it... The Oppo 105 doesn't offer gapless playback at all, which is a deal breaker for me.

I now use a MacMini hooked up to my TV which works perfectly and love it.

denweeks

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 01:51:28 pm »

Thanks very much for your reply. This site is a fine resource.
I eventually discovered that my problem accessing my server through my Oppo 103 had nothing directly to do with the Oppo.
My Bravia TV was the culprit.
More precisely, I had hooked up the TV to its ARC ( audio return channel) HDMI input. When I reconnected the Oppo 103's output to a regular one way HDMI TV input it started networking properly.
The Oppo does a marvelous job rendering. The latest Mac 19 JR MC update has also made networking much better.
Dennis

robcentola

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 07:21:28 am »

Glad you figured that out. I have the 103 and it's works flawlessly with JRiver. I LOVE it. Get the Gizmo app too! It's amazing to use it as your remotes and you can see everything that's stored. Click it and listen. So easy. I could not be happier with this software and it "pushes" perfectly. HiRez flacs in their native state to the 103.

Enjoy!

jabwylie

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 04:20:15 pm »

How do you stop the oppo having to buffer each track? And it doesn't seem to display artwork. I use the jriver iOS app

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 06:28:31 am »

How do you stop the oppo having to buffer each track?

Why would you want to do that? Bufferring is good. It prevents drop outs...

And it doesn't seem to display artwork.

See this http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87245.msg597692#msg597692

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up