INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions re: Installing license and more than one "song folder".  (Read 2064 times)

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Two problems with which i need help.

Have installed Media Center 19.0.62 into Linux Mint Debian edition, but since the new install required that I remove the previous editions, my license somehow got removed. As a result, I do have my License. But my install of 19.0.62 expires on 7 Nov.
1) How do I re-install my MC19 license?
I have it on both an external hard drive and in my downloads folder.

2) For some reason I can only import one song or one folder (album with 58 mp3 songs) into my MC 19.0.62.
Trying to import more than one folder results in a shut-down. Assistance, please.

Thank everyone at JRiver for working so hard on getting us a Media Center that will run on the Linux Distros.

tlcmd (aka Dick)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Questions re: Installing license and more than one "song folder".
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 02:50:33 pm »

Linux builds don't yet require or use a license.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 04:20:06 pm »

You're probably getting the crash because the ogg plugin appears to be broken.
We'll probably take it out until we can figure out why.

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 08:29:07 pm »

Bob,
Thanks for the info. I'll keep waiting and trying. That fix or the deletion of the ogg codec will be noted in the notes on the appropriate release, will it not? I had noticed that those folders which only contained MP3 files seemed to load an play, but could only load one artist folder in my music folder whether it contained 8 or 40 songs, but not more than one artist folder.
Thanks again for all you and your team are doing for us Linux users.

Can you answer my next "weird" question regarding running MJ8 while trying MC 19, please?

tlcmd (Dick)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 09:44:36 am »

Do this:

Remove the ogg plugin for now.

sudo rm /usr/lib/jriver/Media\ Center\ 19/Plugins/libin_OGG.so

And import the Music folder again.
There aren't any issues regarding multiple artist folders that I know of.
My entire collection of discs (around 6000 songs over dozens of artists) imports the same on Linux, Mac and Windows.

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 12:37:51 pm »

Bob,
Thanks for the reply, but I have downloaded into LMDE  MJ8 and the MJ8 license via WINE and am listening to my MJ8 now. Unfortunately, most of my favourite music is encoded as ogg, especially my female torch singers like Julie London, Joni James, Kitty Kallen, etc., so I'll keep using MJ8 on Linux Mint Debian until MC 19 gets squared away. I've imported my MJ8 files from a "music 2" folder rather than my "Music" folder which is empty until I can begin trying the importation of multiple files into MC 19. BTW, MJ8 does play WMA files. Interestingly, without downloading a codec, Windows Media Player will not play ogg files. And, up front, y'all did warn that it might take 3 months to get a working MC 19. And that's a hellava lot better than Healthcare.gov!!! At least JRiver didn't go to the lowest bidder or a political favourite  to design a Linux format MC 19!! Keep up the good work!!
tlcmd (aka Dick)

Again, I'll probably keep "lurking" around Interact and trying each update of MC 19.
Pages: [1]   Go Up