INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: moving from Win XP to Win8 loopback live for asio  (Read 1374 times)

jacqlan111

• Junior Woodchuck
moving from Win XP to Win8 loopback live for asio
« on: October 31, 2013, 10:10:01 am »

HI,  I've got a New PC win8 64bit, 8go of ram and 3.4ghz (i5-2550K).  The old one was running XP 32 bit 2go ram.  The RME hdsp aes 32 sound card 8ch still the same.

Now everything goes faster OK, playback works good, 7.1 ch, 41khz-176Khz, with MC19 upgrade.  I'm at the REW's measurements stage now, which I've did hundreds of time on the old XP PC.  Used to loopback using live://asio, along with virtual cable.  Now this is all gone and I've tried the "open live" for asio and wasapi Tools without success.

My settings are
MC19
audio device
-ASIO hammerfall (asio)
and I tried the other way,  "RME HDSP 32aes (Wasapi)

When I run "open live",  the upper bar shows "oppening..." but never ends.

In REW, I've set output to the other sound card (HD speakers) by default and plugged an old headphone cable on it.  Had no need to do this before on XP with Virtual-Cable and asio4all.

Never used wasapi before with this RME card because it have it's own asio driver (latest version for win8), so I tried the ASIO option first. 

Did I overlooked something?

thanks
jacques

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: moving from Win XP to Win8 loopback live for asio
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 10:33:52 am »

Lets try to get WASAPI Loopback working.

Set in JRiver the ASIO hammerfall as your audio device.

Did you set your default audio device for multichannel output? You may need to. You can also set the sample rate. When using WASAPI loopback all audio will be resampled to the default audio device's sample rate.

Now try using Tools > Open Live > WASAPI Loopback with nothing playing. It should show "Opening . . ." like you mentioned. Go to YouTube and play a video. JRiver should change to show something like 1:01/Live - 48.0 kHz.

jacqlan111

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: moving from Win XP to Win8 loopback live for asio
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 12:02:34 pm »

Lets try to get WASAPI Loopback working.

Set in JRiver the ASIO hammerfall as your audio device.

Did you set your default audio device for multichannel output?You may need to.

Now what?  I was able to set 2ch in win8 control panel this moorning and I saw 7.1ch there.  Now I can't see it anymore?

I did the rest OK

You can also set the sample rate. When using WASAPI loopback all audio will be resampled to the default audio device's sample rate.

Now try using Tools > Open Live > WASAPI Loopback with nothing playing. It should show "Opening . . ." like you mentioned. Go to YouTube and play a video. JRiver should change to show something like 1:01/Live - 48.0 kHz.

I see  "09/ live 1 of 1 ..."  time is running OK, but sound is chopped.

Just to be sure, I choose the ASIO hammerfall as audio device, and wasapi for loopback.  OK for the openning message and OK for time running, except no indication of sample rate like you wrote.

It's very close to work :-)
I have tried 44.1 and 48 Khz settings in win8 CP, same thing happened.  Is it the 7.1 chanel setting in default card?

What's next mojave?

jacqlan111

• Junior Woodchuck
solved; moving from Win XP to Win8 loopback live for asio
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 08:06:44 pm »

Hi

It seems OK now.

-Had to be on RME HDSP WASAPI in the MC19's audio device.  Asio won't work ??  (RME sound card have an asio driver)
-Open live is set to the WASAPI loopback.
-The default card is on stereo and the HDSP RME is in 7.1ch in the sound conf. panel of win8

The volume level seems very low in loopback?  Howhever, it's working.

thanks
jacques
Pages: [1]   Go Up