INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music with Jingles - Questions......  (Read 1005 times)

AlanMusicMan

Music with Jingles - Questions......
« on: November 24, 2013, 07:01:35 am »

I hope this is not a duplicate post - I can't find anything like it.... but... Undecided

I'm looking at a eval copy of MC for making radio-station style programming (dj-less, but with jingles).
So far, very impressed, the DSP features are just what I need and the music management features excellent (the particle feature especially useful for cutting draggy intros etc)

I have a problem with the track transition features - which are also are excellent, but are giving me one problem. For jingle to track transitions I want a different setting than the one used between tracks. Jingle to track transition usually only needs very slight overlap, whereas mostly track to track overlaps can be several seconds. However, whilst I can set the play-list track transitions globally, I can't see how to override it per-track.

Whilst I'm here, I haven't yet found out how to export the whole assembled playlist/mix to a single external file (for example a WAV file) Is there a way to do that? Not a problem if not, I can just record the wav mix whilst it plays but it would be nicer to just export the show from MC if that can be done.

Notwithstanding the queries above, I shall definitely be buying.

Many thanks
Regards
Alan T

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Music with Jingles - Questions......
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 09:44:58 am »

Not sure if this works for you but how about creating "fake albums" for your playlist tracks ?

If you are ok with your music tracks played gapless, you could play around with this maybe ...

- create separate library (you could do a restore from a backup). Go to manage fields Make sure all tags are NOT set to write tag to file in Options=>Library Folders
- Options audio=>Track Change set gapless for sequential tracks; set transitions for the rest as you wish
- Import your programming playlists to new library

then select all tracks from each playlist individually and retag with one name (like Playlist Album 1, 2, 3 etc) and change the Album artist to Various or Multiple Artists (why you do not want the metadata change written to your files permanently ;)
(note:  you might also have to select tracks of fake album and go library tools=>fill track numbers from list order.)

e.g. -- 1 "jingle" every twenty minutes . Each  "fake" compilation album of approximately 20 minutes in length. For three hour program you would need about 9 "albums" ... any non sequential transition would have a transition or a gap (the jingles), all "albums" would be played back gapless which sounds pretty good using the volume DSP options - unless you go from grunge to opera I suppose^^

Regardless backup your stuff before you try !! You could also import a copy of the actual files into the secondary library in a different place on your hard drive to be less risky
Pages: [1]   Go Up