INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Wife Has Two Requests For Simple Guide Improvements  (Read 1010 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
My Wife Has Two Requests For Simple Guide Improvements
« on: November 26, 2013, 01:43:39 pm »

This morning when Sandra & I were talking about MC and the TV Guide she mentioned a couple of things that would be a help to her, and I'm sure to others also. All of her MC activities are in Theater View.

1. She has always had a problem trying to set up non conflicting TV recording schedules in our one tuner system. She recently noticed that MC now gives a warning when she schedules a recording with an overlap to a previously scheduled recording. This is a HUGE improvement and will save us a lot of messed up recordings. Thanks JRiver! The only issue now is that the alert message only says that there is a conflict, not what is the conflicting program.

When watching Live TV MC will give an alert message if you try to watch something when the tuner is busy with a recording. And that message says what the program is and allows you to make a choice of continuing to watch Live, or to switch to the other channel and make the recording. It would hopefully be a simple change to give the same message and choices when scheduling a recording. It would save having to leave where she is in the Guide and would be a much nicer work flow.

2. When scheduling TV recordings she will often scroll many days to the right. Sometimes she forgets what week she is looking at. This may affect the scheduling choices she makes. It would be a big help for this problem if the date could be shown next to the day of the week in the upper left corner of the screen.

Thanks very much for considering these helpful improvements.

Sandra & Rod

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: My Wife Has Two Requests For Simple Guide Improvements
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 02:01:11 pm »

Can we also have a simpler way of scrolling forward.  A discrete key, say "Next" to move forward one day and previous to move back one day, would be very helpful.

I agree, day and date at the top would be good.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10
Pages: [1]   Go Up