INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is anyone viewing Sky HD channels (UK) using Media Centre?  (Read 4860 times)

swinster

• World Citizen
Is anyone viewing Sky HD channels (UK) using Media Centre?
« on: December 02, 2013, 08:15:18 pm »

Just a quick query if anyone has got a set-up that utilises J River Media Centre, a DVB-S2 card and able to view Sky channels (HD and premium)?

I spend a lot on a Sky+HD subscription but their multi-room offerings are still pants. I would prefer to get everything into MC, but I haven't seen anything yet. I believe there are options out there what will utilise the Sky subscription card to enable the viewing of channels on a PC, but using a player such as mediaportal.

Cheers

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is anyone viewing Sky HD channels (UK) using Media Centre?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 05:24:10 pm »

Just a quick query if anyone has got a set-up that utilises J River Media Centre, a DVB-S2 card and able to view Sky channels (HD and premium)?

I spend a lot on a Sky+HD subscription but their multi-room offerings are still pants. I would prefer to get everything into MC, but I haven't seen anything yet. I believe there are options out there what will utilise the Sky subscription card to enable the viewing of channels on a PC, but using a player such as mediaportal.

Cheers

Hi
As far as I am aware, viewing encrypted content (such as Sky) is not possibly (yet?!) in media center. The available kludges that make this work in mediaportal and suchlike use a multidec decryption plugin which is not compatible with jrmc. As I understand it at the moment Sky are rolling out an updated encryption and new viewing cards which haven't yet been cracked and so even mediaportal (etc) will be shortlived in terms of direct viewing via PC.

SBR

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 09:21:55 am »

Hi
As far as I am aware, viewing encrypted content (such as Sky) is not possibly (yet?!) in media center. The available kludges that make this work in mediaportal and suchlike use a multidec decryption plugin which is not compatible with MC. As I understand it at the moment Sky are rolling out an updated encryption and new viewing cards which haven't yet been cracked and so even mediaportal (etc) will be shortlived in terms of direct viewing via PC.

SBR

Many thanks for this. Interesting and annoying at the same time. I haven't read about the Sky encryption update so this is news to me. I did read about something Sky were doing to add the subscription number (or similar) as an overlay to stop things like card sharing, but of course this was not my intention.

The intention is that I would like to point the satellite dish to multiple satellites using a multi LNB arm and feed multiple DVB-S2 cards in the PC, but of course I would love to use my Sky view card and subscription to view content that I think will not be available on the other satellites.

Maybe I will have to rethink my ideas, but in my opinion, there simply isn't the content available on Freeview, Freesat or Net services to match the Sky Sports and Movies HD package - albeit that it is very expensive.

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:28:38 am »

Has anyone tried using HDMI passthrough in MC, like you can do with XBox One?

j2arms

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 09:07:16 am »

Just gave MC 20 a try (I'm already using MC 19).
I can view SKY HD channels (encrypted, Germany) from Satellite using an internal TV Card with  CI Interface.  ;D
I have no clue why, but it just work.

Cheers

batteries4ever

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 07:59:56 am »

Hm, that sounds interesting.... Can you view all encrypted channels within your subscription, or just a few?
Pages: [1]   Go Up