INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: file sharing disconnect  (Read 1177 times)

susieQ

• Recent member
file sharing disconnect
« on: December 05, 2013, 02:03:47 pm »

Greetings All,
Had very nasty winter storm here in the Rockies. Multiple power bumps (i.e. outages of 1-3 sec.) with short intervals, esp. in the beginning at 6 a.m., at least 10 such between 6 and noon, probably 5 in the first hour! Couldn't move quickly enough between different computers to initiate an orderly shutdown, and all computers in the house got turned Off/On 3 times! Once the orderly shutdown was finally accomplished, I just left everything off until Tues. Upon booting up the music server, found all to be in order, server with MC 18 on Windows 7 working fine.
Use iPad 4 with JRemote app to access/play files. The iPad itself works fine and so does the server/MC 18 but I've lost the wireless connection between the two and can't find a way to correct the problem. My wife (the actual susieQ and resident tech)) is away on assignment in the Arctic until early Jan. leaving me to "hack" (pardon the pun) my way thru possible avenues without having found anything that addresses the issue of file sharing between MC and the iPad. I've talked to her on the phone, she knows that somewhere there is a "File Sharing" property that must be activated (i.e. clicked to "ON"), but I can't find any such critter, not even close; my suspicion is that during the first three power bumps this "File Sharing" command was compromised.
Does anyone have an idea of how I can get the iPad back into the loop?

susieQ

• Recent member
Re: file sharing disconnect
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 02:34:37 pm »

Can you believe it? 5 min. after I posted the question I found the answer: somehow (!?!) the iPad had its network connection shifted to another connection (there are 3 choices here); changed the connection to what I thought it should be and we're back in business. Am totally puzzled as to how a power bump or three could have achieved that, esp. since the iPad was NEVER ON in the first place!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up