INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions please for a DLNA renderer/client to play MC recorded .ts files  (Read 2875 times)

Samson

• Galactic Citizen

Hi All,

I record TV shows with MC using the .ts format. I want to watch these shows in the bedroom over the LAN network using a DLNA renderer/client network player (not a pc or laptop). Is anyone using a device compatible with MC recorded .ts files ?

The reason for asking is that I currently have a Roku in the bedroom but it isnt DLNA. Plex on Roku works well as a server but it won't see or play MC recorded .ts files. I am happy to buy a separate network player but would like to know it can handle MC recorded .ts files.

Thanks in advance

Samson

• Galactic Citizen

Nobody streams  MC recorded .ts files using a network player ? :(

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe

nope sorry non DLNA in my setup.

But I'll bump your post  :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

In the Server's settings, you can tell it to convert video when using DLNA.

Samson

• Galactic Citizen

Thanks Arindelle.

Jim,yes a good workaround.I wasn't aware of this as I have never tinkered with MC's DLNA server.Hopefully it won't introduce pauses or stutters whilst converting.

Yaobing did a great job making ts files readable in VLC/other players, pity Roku/Plex still can't handle them.I stumbled across an old forum post where you offered to work with Roku (I think) and make it compatible with MC, pity they didnt accept.
Pages: [1]   Go Up