INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung DLNA - Errors  (Read 1538 times)

meyerder

• Recent member
Samsung DLNA - Errors
« on: December 11, 2013, 10:48:02 am »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56784.50

I found the following thread and tried several different items with no success.  I have not found exactly the same issue
The Samsung TV's are DNR's that appear to work some of the time.  What I have is a bunch of AVI files that are able to be browsed with no issues.. I can play them to a point.  Most clips are 30 second to a couple of minutes in lenght.  MC will play 3,4,5,6,7 in a row with no problems then it will display a error on the samsung TV similar to "There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double-check your device, server, and network settings."  (I dont have the exact wording handy)  This happens via both wired and wi-fi connections to two differnet tv's and I am able to play file #8 if I play the file on its own

I have already set the DLNA to Samsung (which failed QUITE a bit) and a generic DNLA with the following settings that I found (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64183.0)

Add or configure DLNA servers... -> Advanced:
DLNA (check)
DLNAExtra (check)
MPEG video mimetype override (check)
Video MimeTypeOverride: video/mpeg
Video DLNA Override: MPEG_PS

One item I noticed which makes me think I have something incorrect is even though I have it set to not convert (video and Audio) when the TV starts playing the CPU usage is increased quite a bit (high 80's low 90's) .  The files are on a non networked drive (local to the PC)  I have even set the ignore transport errors and the other flag (im not in front of my pc right now) when you associate a DNLA engine.  I have also validated that the media center service on the PC is disabled (not started)

Net/Net best guess what I need to look at to make it play avi files on a regular basis as I do not think it is the network (router shows a very low amount of retrys/errors that do not increase while playing the files)

meyerder

• Recent member
Re: Samsung DNLA - Errors
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 10:51:05 am »

I forgot to note this is on the current MC19 stable version (as of last night)
Pages: [1]   Go Up