INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo - Albums missing in 'Artist' view  (Read 2004 times)

chevron

Gizmo - Albums missing in 'Artist' view
« on: December 29, 2013, 02:21:31 pm »

After several hours trawling through the forums I have not been able to find a solution...

I have several devices using Gizmo as a remote control for JRiver at home.  All of them have the same issue - some albums don't appear under the 'Artist' view but appear in other views (and Search) OK.  In one case the 'Artist' is missing altogether (all 10+ albums listed in other views though).

I tried creating a new library but still the same so I'm guessing there is a seperate Gizmo library database  somewhere on the server that needs to be synced or updated somehow.  If there is, how do I do this?

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo - Albums missing in 'Artist' view
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 06:14:49 am »

There is no separate library for Gizmo.  However it has its own set of views on the library which are set up independently of your front-end MC views, in Tools/Options/Media Network.

Missing items are usually down to missing tags. Check the tags on the albums that are not appearing, that the Artist, Album and Album Artist tags are populated in the same way as albums that are not missing.

chevron

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 11:31:38 pm »

Thanks csimon, you're right, it is down to the tags not being complete. 

I had never had an issue with the 'Artist' view until I started using Gizmo recently.  Now I can see I need to understand better how 'Artist', 'Album Artist' and 'Album Artist (auto)' work. 

So far, just adding the 'Album Artist' tag where it is missing seems to be the solution. 

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 03:24:02 am »

See http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_%28Auto%29 for a discussion on these tags. Probably your Gizmo views are currently using Album Artist (Auto) which may not work properly if the Artist isn't there or other things, so correcting the Artist or filling in Album Artist will fix things.

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Gizmo - Albums missing in 'Artist' view
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 06:07:42 am »

I have a problem where new albums won't show up under an artist till I go into the artist 4-5 times.

They show up in recently added right away fine but are delayed in showing under an artist.

I'm not sure what exactly makes it finally show but it is a bit of a pain.

My collection is rather large, close to 10000 albums, not sure if it's related.
Pages: [1]   Go Up