INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: 2xDSD using 2-wire (4-channel) DoP  (Read 1585 times)

BillyD

• Recent member
Feature request: 2xDSD using 2-wire (4-channel) DoP
« on: December 29, 2013, 05:39:46 pm »

Hi, I have a Mytek Dac that only supports 2xDSD over DoP with the so-called 2-wire scheme introduced in the DoP 1.1 spec. It uses 4 x 24 bit samples at 176.4Khz to carry 2 x 1 bit samples at 5.6Mhz. By playing 4 channel .wav files cobbled together from Audiogate's 5.6Mhz output, I found the sound significantly improved over 1xDSD. Is there any chance you can add this feature to the list of Output Encoding methods so I can listen in real time?

Many thanks!

P.S. The Mytek does support 352.8Khz DoP on Windows via USB, but on the Mac, DoP is currently (permanently?) limited to 176.4Khz / firewire.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature request: 2xDSD using 2-wire (4-channel) DoP
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 10:16:09 am »

I'll wait for Matt to weigh in on this.  The JRiver office is closed until January 2nd, so please check back later. Thanks.

P.S. Have you tried the Mytek on Mac via USB?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

BillyD

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 12:43:00 pm »

> P.S. Have you tried the Mytek on Mac via USB?
Yes. When 2xDSD over DoP output is tried, I get the same message as with Firewire: "Playback could not be started on the output 'Core Audio' using the format 88.2KHz 64 bit 2ch'." When I try a 4-channel .wav file containing DoP encoded 2xDSD (with no output encoding in MC), the Audio Path report says something like "4 channels are being converted to 2 channels" and I hear only a hiss.
1xDoP output encoding DOES work over USB, contrary to what I stated in my P.S. above. It's just that 4 channels will not pass via USB while they will via Firewire.

BillyD

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 07:39:17 pm »

Hello? John? Matt?

Is there any news on this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

BillyD

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 10:23:44 pm »

Thankfully it sounds like Matt is making a spectacular recovery from his horrifying accident.  Fortunately for me and him, this thread does not need to lengthen his backlog. The new Mytek Mac USB driver and 1.7.6 firmware supports 2xDSD over DoP.  It would be nice to have 2xDSD working with firewire also, but for Mytek owners it should be much less important now. Depends on how many other DACs need 2-wire/4 channel DoP.  Best wishes Matt!
Pages: [1]   Go Up