INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo and MC21  (Read 3117 times)

mstulken

• Recent member
Gizmo and MC21
« on: November 12, 2015, 10:20:32 pm »

I just upgraded to MC21 a week ago and thought I might try remote control with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablet through Gizmo. Initially I downloaded the latest version of Gizmo on play store. I generated an Access Key and voila, I had my library show up on my tablet. I clicked around for a minute and then got a message on my computer that MC had stopped working. No problem, I restarted it and then I couldn't get the library showing up on my tablet. Tried "connect to a server" and I get a continuous "connecting..." loop with no library showing up. Tried generating a new access key and entered it in my tablet (gizmo) and still the same problem - continuous connecting. Tried testing connection to server and get some cryptic message about "this library server is not reachable from the internet, but you can still use it within your local network" and further stuff that is way beyond my technical prowess about configuring my router's port access.....
It seemed so simple initially and now I  can't get access and yes my laptop (server's )internet connection is turned on. Any suggestions?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo and MC21
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 11:48:23 pm »

I guess we should clear up the obvious stuff first...

As MC crashed, did you go back into options and make sure that the "Enable media network and share this library..." option was still checked?
Did you reboot the PC running MC and your tablet and try again?

-marko

stewart_pk

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 01:45:12 am »

Try restarting your router.

mstulken

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 07:57:53 pm »

Gentlemen. Thanks so much for your help. Re starting both the devices seemed to do the trick. I really appreciate your advice.
Regards,
Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up