INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display mode refresh rate change  (Read 3590 times)

justsomeguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Display mode refresh rate change
« on: April 09, 2014, 10:48:00 pm »

Has anyone else been experiencing issues with automatic display mode changing? I have mine setup to switch the monitor refresh rate to 72, 60 or 50Hz depending on the source. This use to work fine but now it seems that the display will change from a higher Hz to a lower one fine but won't switch from lower to higher.

If my displays default is set to say 60Hz it will never switch to 72 when playing 29.97 content.

If I set my display default to 72 and then play 30Hz content it will switch to 60 like it should. I have it set to switch back to the default Hz after playback stops but this doesn't happen, my default is now set to 60 in the nvidia control panel.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Display mode refresh rate change
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 11:33:09 pm »

There was a change in this area fairly recently because another guy had an issue (try searching, it was within the past week or three).

So, either you are on an old one and you need that fix (whatever it was) too, or perhaps the fix broke something else, as happens.

Are you on the latest build (which came out tonight)?  If not, which one?

"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

justsomeguy

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 12:55:00 am »

not sure if this is the thread you are referring to http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87580.0 but I wasn't able to get anything from it that seemed to help the problem.

I just installed the .127 tonight and have this problem. It may have existed in the 125 as well not sure will have to reinstall that one and test it. I am also having an issue with the new 127 not downloading and using madvr and falling back to EVR.

Other potential culprits... I did install the big update for win8.1 that came out yesterday. I also installed nvidia's new 337.50 "performance" driver yesterday.

stewart_pk

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 12:56:25 am »

justsomeguy

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 01:42:10 am »

This may help you: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88533.0

Thanks for pointing me to that. I'd try using madvr to switch modes but after updating to 127 tonight madvr isn't working at all in MC. Once that gets resolved I'll give it try.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 06:41:35 am »

Other potential culprits... I did install the big update for win8.1 that came out yesterday. I also installed nvidia's new 337.50 "performance" driver yesterday.

Hah.  Yeah, those could certainly be related.  (You might want to have mentioned those in your original post.)

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 06:46:59 am »

If my displays default is set to say 60Hz it will never switch to 72 when playing 29.97 content.
Unless you are using madVR's 3:2 decimation feature (force film-type deinterlacing) switching to 59.94Hz would be the correct thing to do with 29.97 content.

justsomeguy

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 02:30:23 pm »

Hah.  Yeah, those could certainly be related.  (You might want to have mentioned those in your original post.)

Well I should have disclosed that relevant information from the start but it was late , I was tired and had a little tequila in me. I'll do some more testing later today with a clear head.

Unless you are using madVR's 3:2 decimation feature (force film-type deinterlacing) switching to 59.94Hz would be the correct thing to do with 29.97 content.

Thanks for the info. I have an option to set the rate to 59Hz in the nvidia control panel. I'll try it and see if that gets me closer to 59.94.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 04:08:24 pm »

Well I should have disclosed that relevant information from the start but it was late , I was tired and had a little tequila in me. I'll do some more testing later today with a clear head.

We've all been there.

Well, maybe not all of us, but those other guys don't have any fun.  ;) ;D

stewart_pk

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 07:09:51 pm »

Thanks for pointing me to that. I'd try using madvr to switch modes but after updating to 127 tonight madvr isn't working at all in MC. Once that gets resolved I'll give it try.

MadVR through Red October High Quality is working for me with version 127.

justsomeguy

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 09:22:31 pm »

So I just disabled the mode changer in MC and set it up in madvr. It seems to be working properly with madvr handling it. Not sure why MC wasn't doing it properly but as long as madvr continues to work, I'm not going to worry about it.

MadVR through Red October High Quality is working for me with version 127.

There were a few other users having an issue with this in another thread. My problem with this was my antivirus blocking MC access to a certain dll in the madvr folder, it's working now. Another user had to delete the entire madvr folder to get it to redownload and work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up