INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 19.0.103 -- Available Here  (Read 15378 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 19.0.103 -- Available Here
« on: January 10, 2014, 04:03:23 pm »

This is the latest release of Media Center 19 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190103.dmg

19.0.103 (1/10/2014)

1. Fixed: iTunes playlists were not importing correctly.
2. Fixed: Debug logging was always re-enabled at startup regardless of user setting.
3. Fixed: Added right-click menu in display view to allow display type and cover art style choices.
4. Fixed: Empty directories were not getting removed following file deletions.
5. Fixed: Very small FLAC files were failing playback (e.g. Test silence files smaller than 64k bytes).

19.0.100 (12/20/2013)

1. Changed: Several improvements to Retina support.
2. Fixed: When exporting playlists with relative paths, the wrong (Windows) type of directory separator slash was used in filenames.
3. Fixed: Typing or modifying a filename path in the tag window would cause the wrong type of directory separator slash to be placed at the end of the path.
4. Changed: Apple IR remote handling can now be disabled/enabled with Options / General / Advanced / Media key mode.
5. NEW: Command-H is now supported for hiding the application.
6. NEW: Better support for multiple monitors with differing resolutions.

19.0.88 (12/6/2013)

1. Changed: Support the separate play/pause button on the newer aluminum Apple remote.
2. NEW: Retina display support enabled with Views / Size / Retina Mode. Reverts to standard mode at program exit.
3. NEW: Support for WavPack and Musepack input plugins.

19.0.84 (12/2/2013)

1. Fixed: Memory leak in build 83.

19.0.83 (11/27/2013)

1. Fixed: The display would not update after extended playback when Spectrum Analyzer was enabled in the player window. This would make the UI appear to be frozen.
2. NEW: The Apple Remote (white plastic) is now supported (play/pause, ff/rew, next/previous, volume up/down).

19.0.76 (11/18/2013)

1. NEW: Visualizations in the player bar at the top of the program are now shown during playback.
2. Changed: Copy and paste cover art was working for image data only.  Now artwork files/URLs can be copied from Finder or web browsers.

19.0.75 (11/14/2013)

1. Changed: This build includes debug symbols which will show up in crash dumps to ease debugging.  Regular builds have these stripped out.

19.0.74 (11/12/2013)

1. Fixed: A bug in the menu tracking system could cause crashes.

19.0.73 (11/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Frequent crashes due to a threading bug introduced in build 71 with the way JRTools objects were created.

19.0.72 (11/7/2013)

1. Fixed: Media Network was broken in the previous build. A crash would occur when thumbnails were sent to a remote device.

19.0.71 (11/6/2013)

1. Fixed: Alphabetic sorting of lists could be incorrect in some situations with some locales.
2. Fixed: At application startup, JRTools objects were not getting created in the correct order - possible cause of crashes.

19.0.68 (11/1/2013)

1. Changed: Auto update now launches the downloaded DMG updater.
2. Changed: Improved support for integer mode on devices that use multiple output streams.
3. Fixed: Back slash in filename caused file to not import.

19.0.67 (10/29/2013)

1. Fixed: Integer playback on little endian devices that used padding was not working.
2. Fixed: When caps lock was on, lists would think the shift key was pressed, making them difficult to use.

19.0.65 (10/28/2013)

1. Fixed: Integer playback on devices that used padding could result in incorrect playback (testing appreciated).
2. Changed: Sorting of devices in Options > Audio is more logical.

19.0.64 (10/25/2013)

1. Fixed: Integer playback mode was not working properly with devices the used MSB padding instead of LSB padding.

19.0.63 (10/25/2013)

1. Fixed: Integer playback mode was not working correctly with devices that used padding.

19.0.62 (10/25/2013)

1. Changed: Integer mode will work with more hardware.
2. Fixed: Media Network was not working properly.

19.0.60 (10/24/2013)

1. NEW: Added support for integer mode playback ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84657.0 ).
2. Faster: Improved performance, with JRMark scores are about 40% higher for the database section and 5% higher for the image section.
3. NEW: Real-time 2xDSD output using DoP (configure in DSP Studio > Output Format).
4. Fixed: Dropboxes (in tagging action window for example) would sometimes lose keyboard focus so you couldn't type anything.
5. Fixed: Drop suggestion boxes were drawn without a border.
6. Faster: Core drawing engine uses SSE acceleration for flushing and flood filling (helps performance of all user interface).
7. Faster: Speed improvements to date handling that help performance in many areas of the program.
8. Fixed: Crashes on 10.9 (Mavericks) in Media Network http header handling.
9. Fixed: App signing was not being done right.  Could cause warning message at install time about unrecognized developer ID.
10. Changed: Improved how Options > Audio exposes Core Audio devices to make device selection more clear.

19.0.57 (10/17/2013)

1. Fixed: Ape files with very long paths (> 260 characters) could crash on import.
2. Fixed: Ape format files on read-only drives could not be imported or played.
3. Fixed: Right-to-left reading text (Hebrew for example) was not displayed correctly. Symbols for each word were all bunched on top of each other.
4. Changed: The processor extension requirement has been lowered to SSE2 (added in 2001 to Intel, 2003 to AMD). Previously SSSE3 was required.
5. Fixed: When converting audio to WAV format, the RIFF chunk size could be set wrong by 8 bytes.
6. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).

19.0.55 (10/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Filenames containing combining diacritic marks (German umlauts for example) were displayed incorrectly in file listings and could cause crashes.
2. Changed: Volume up / down commands from hot keys (volume keyboard buttons, remote, etc.) work in 5% increments instead of 1% increments.

19.0.54 (10/10/2013)

[Build was pulled due to not containing the latest code updates]

19.0.53 (10/8/2013)

1. Fixed: Deadlocks (beach-balls) could occur when viewing file lists with thumbnail images.
2. Fixed: 2XDSD was included in the drop-list for DSP / Output Format / Output Encoding even though it's only supported with ASIO on Windows.
3. Fixed: Genre field could be incorrect when imported from certain M4A format files with integer id3v1 genres.  In MC they would look like an '8' in parenthenses instead of "Jazz" for example.
4. Fixed: Handling of 32-bit integer input files was not working in the last few builds.
5. Fixed: Added support for MP4 files that used a custom genre atom in their tag, but stored a standard genre by putting a number in parenthesis.
6. Fixed: Double-click on the pause button while playing was not stopping.
7. Changed: Updated the Indonesian translation (Thanks elda).
8. Fixed: Fonts that used left or right overhangs could draw with the overhang portion cropped.
9. Fixed: The white-list for allowing system volume to work while bitstreaming was not working with some Resonessence Labs hardware.
10. Changed: Added the ability to use the token [User] in the playerbar to display the name of the current user.
11. Fixed: Customization to the playerbar would not always take effect right away.
12. NEW: Added 'Set levels from decibel meter' button to Room Correction to make it easier to calibrate levels.

19.0.49 (10/2/2013)

1. Fixed: Copying zone settings was causing crashes.
2. Fixed: In the JRiver folder under Application Support, an unnecessary "Generic" folder was getting created at program startup.
3. Fixed: A running instance of Media Center would prevent OSX from shutting down.
4. Fixed: Audio calibration tool was not available because the plugin 'in_audiotest' was not included with the build.
5. Fixed: Skin effects menu item was missing.
6. Fixed: Many non-applicable image/video items were still in the options dialog and some menus.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
Crash when dragging file to a playlist folder
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 06:49:22 pm »

This doesn't happen every time, but it does happen at least once a day.

Create a new playlist.

Drag a file to the new playlist icon (folder)

Crash.

Sometimes this works.

This has been an issue for quite a few builds.

Logfile attached.

Barr
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 19.0.103 -- Available Here
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 07:52:25 pm »

Are you using 103?

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Crash when dragging file to a playlist folder
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 11:08:32 am »

This doesn't happen every time, but it does happen at least once a day.

Create a new playlist.

Drag a file to the new playlist icon (folder)

Crash.

Sometimes this works.

This has been an issue for quite a few builds.

Logfile attached.

Barr

I have had this problem with the last few builds too, but haven't had a chance to see if 103 is still doing this... I'll try this weekend.

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 03:02:17 pm »

Are you using 103?

Yes, this is with 103. It has happened twice under 103, first time I didn't save the log file because I thought it was just a glitch.

Barr
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 03:21:26 pm »

I can repro this problem, but it's a tricky one to fix.  I'll keep working on it.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 06:16:02 pm »

The hang-upon-Quit problem lingers.

Today I tried to Quit MC, but the beach ball said No.  The Mac had not gone to sleep, so either this is a different problem, or deep sleep wasn't the only factor.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 10:25:31 am »

I can repro this problem, but it's a tricky one to fix.  I'll keep working on it.

Not sure if you still want logs on this - I've attached one just in case.

Also I noticed that the playlists don't save my additions from before a crash... I thought new songs would have been written to the lists as they were added?

[edit: I just crashed 'er again - 30 seconds into the first song since a reboot.  aargh! - log attached]

gianluca_f

• Recent member
No Integer Mode with patch Hiface Driver
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 06:44:24 am »

Many M2Tech product won't work under Maverick. So some clever guy managed to use a North Star driver (http://www.northstar.it/products.html).
So using Audirvana and BitPerfect is possible to obtain Integer Mode, but with JRiver no (still 32bit...).
Is it possible to have it since JRiver is my favourite player?
Thanks
gf

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 03:24:09 pm »

Also I noticed that the playlists don't save my additions from before a crash... I thought new songs would have been written to the lists as they were added?

Yes, same issue, if I create a new playlist ,add a few files, and then if MC crashes, I lose everything, including the new playlist.

hifilowfi

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 06:37:06 pm »

I am glad you guys are making progress with 103 release.  If possible can you make retina mode permanent and take it out of the experimental phase?

jaredean

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 03:13:15 pm »

I'm having just a small glitch with the FILE menu staying open...when you click on the Media Center 19 menu and then mouse-over the File it will open up and then if you continue past to the View menu and click on that it will open, but the File will also stay open...

I made a screen cast to show you the issue:

http://youtu.be/C-gZcYMQi7E?hd=1

I am on a 2013 MBP w/Mavericks

jared

MrC

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 01:01:03 pm »

Probably due to the hang / Force Quit issue above, all my thumbnails are once again gone.  I've tried rebuilding, clearly, Finding cover art in the cover art directory, resizing.  They won't come back.

Something got very screwed up with MC thinking most of my files were missing.  Random albums were botched entirely, with the file names having been changed to entries like " 1.mp3", or " 4.mp3".  A re-run of auto-import cleared up that problem, but left the missing thumbnails problem.

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 01:44:36 pm »

I don't know whether this is the same issue others are seeing, but...

With my Mac Mini, I play an album, and I turn my monitor / TV off, I come back 20 mins later, log-in to the Mac (because it's locked itself, but it is not asleep--it's set to never fall asleep, but the display is set to fall asleep after 10 mins) and Media Center cannot be controlled. No window, though MC is still in the foreground. No MC menu items work, no way to stop the album playing.

Oddly, I can get a non-responsive MC window by ctrl-clicking the MC icon that is in the dock and selecting show all windows. This shows me an outlined view of MC but as soon as I try to click on something there, the UI vanishes.

That's it--needed to force quit the program to stop playback. When I restart MC, however, everything works again.

astrotoy

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 09:47:57 pm »

I just bought JRMC19 over the weekend. It says I have 19.0.100. When I push the upgrade button, it says I have the current version. Is that correct? Is 19.0.103 the current version or is it a Beta or something else?  Thanks.

MrC

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 09:55:27 pm »

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 08:36:13 am »

103 claims to import ITune "playlists". When I first pulled my files over to MC, it did just that. Does one have to direct MC to get playlists ?

As for the crashes mentioned above. My Mini also "locks-up" or goes into a forced sleep. When I am able to quit and restart MC, control returns. When this does not work sometimes it's the screen sharing I use between my Book and Mini over Ethernet on a local network. Other times I'll be playing files and doing other tasks in MC, and either MC will lock or the Mini quits and needs to be physically rebooted. So far files have not been lost.

As for not being able to Quit MC when not functioning, many times I can either stop play, or other function such as "get art" and the player comes to life. Once having gone thru many art updates, unknown to me, MC continued to be searching and so I had to close out many of these by holding the "quit" down in the toolbar to prompt a screen of unfinished searches, and delete them one by one. MC quit fine following this exercise.

I suspect, the mere processing of multiple tasks may be too much for the Mini, especially while playing files. Core audio may not like sharing process time. Anyway, this does not explain, MC flat out quitting while playing only audio for long periods. It's as if it times-out. Sometimes it's the Mini, other times the player, doesn't seem to be consistent.

OLH21

• Recent member
Fill properties from file name not working properly
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 03:10:38 pm »

Looks like there is a problem with the folder structure on Mac vs PC - seems someone forget that the directory is marked with a slash on mac volume and not a backslash  ;)
Hence
- The directory presets still use BackSlash instead of Slash, not sure if the directory detection is working
- The filename is not correctly detected as it included the whole directory structure ( wich obviously it shouldn't)

This all make the function completly not usable ..  ::)

MrC

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 01:32:41 pm »

I tried doing a Library Sync from Mac to Windows, and this caused MC Mac to crash.

JohnAV

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 02:43:06 pm »

Stuck menus - non-standard font in menus

Under OS X 10.9.1 the latest MC release doesn't treat pull down menus correctly or display the correct system font.  You should be able to click on file for example and pan to the right and see edit, view, player, tools, help menu automatically pop up and display full menu listing.  You have to either click on the MC 19 application interface or the desktop for them to become unstuck.   Only the media center 19 menu (quit) seems correct.

Is this going to be addressed in a future release?   

ThierryNK

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 12:38:51 pm »

Hi

I have an issue with tagging ISO SACD images.
From time to time, all tags go back to the ones that are included in the ISO, and my own tags are "forgotten", even if they appear correctly after writing them. After a while, the original tags come back!!

Kind regards

EDIT: did not see it was reported here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=86592.0
Thierry
S1 Listening: Mac Mini, JRiver, Minimserver, Roon, Qobuz, Matrix X-Sabre3, Ayon Sheris III, Kinki EX-B7, Vivid G2S2
S2 Playing and studio: Yamaha WXA-50, HEFA Mutine, Seinway O180

MrC

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 12:40:37 pm »

There's a fix that's in the Windows build that is not yet pushed out to the Mac build:

19.0.115 (2/6/2014)

4. Fixed: SACD ISOs were always detected with external changes and their metadata re-imported during auto-import, overwriting any changes in the library.

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 12:48:50 pm »

Any idea when the retina support will be a permanent option?

groovyd

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 01:14:30 pm »

Is it possible to get MC to pause playback if a call is answered on Skype?  This is a feature of iTunes I really appreciate.

rinoatomy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 05:57:02 am »

Guys,

Had to disable spectrum analyzer cause it was devouring CPU.

Disabling it corrected the high cpu usage problem.

Could this be specific? Can anyone confirm the issue?

Thanks.

halanr

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 01:41:52 pm »

Hi there:

Since upgrading to 19.0.103 i've had nothing but problems. I can no longer create any playlists without J River crashing. I can not burn a disc; many of functions have disappeared. Not sure what the problem is. Can you assist please?

Alan

JohnT

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 01:44:22 pm »

Hi there:

Since upgrading to 19.0.103 i've had nothing but problems. I can no longer create any playlists without J River crashing. I can not burn a disc; many of functions have disappeared. Not sure what the problem is. Can you assist please?

Alan
You could never burn a disc with the Mac version of Media Center.  As to the playlist creation, can you give me a set of steps you take when creating a playlist and I'll try them here?  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up