INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advanced APL Support  (Read 914 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Advanced APL Support
« on: February 26, 2002, 12:46:09 pm »

This isn't really a request, more like a "Is it possible?"

When using APL's, MJ reports the size of the APL file itself, and the bitrate of the entire APE that the APL points to.

Is it possible that MJ could report the size of the section of APE that the APL points to, and the bitrate for that section as well?

You can lump all of this into the other questions I asked about MJ being able to update an APL to point to the APE's new location and stuff like that. Next Page

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Advanced APL Support
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2002, 12:59:01 pm »

>Is it possible that MJ could report the size of the section of APE that the APL points to, and the bitrate for that section as well?

File size: that's hard because it requires special case handling in Media Jukebox (ick)
Bitrate: that's easier because it's up to the plugin, so I'll see what I can do...

>MJ being able to update an APL to point to the APE's new location and stuff like that.

Well, maybe we'll make an Interface Plugin for Media Jukebox to build APL's from an APE image.  It may be a while though...

Thanks Doof.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2002, 05:18:59 pm »

I may be completely talking off on this one, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Am I right in thinking that the bitrate is calculated by length and filesize?

If so, couldn't you take the length of the APL and the bitrate of the APE, and calculate the size of that portion of the APE?
Or do you need to take the length of the APL and the bitrate of it's section of the APE and calculate it that way?

I'm only asking theoretically. I understand what your saying about special case handling. Basically MJ could just check the file's size as reported by the OS UNLESS it's an APL (and then it has to run a quick calculation) and I can understand how that could be messy.

Trelane

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2002, 07:03:20 pm »

I think Matt may have been referring to the fact that it's Media Jukebox that gets the file size, and not the plugin itself. The plugin can still get the file size on its own (to be able to do bitrate calculations internally and what not), it just has no way of reporting a file size to Media Jukebox.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2002, 04:23:43 am »

That's what I meant. Next Page

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2002, 04:41:02 am »

Hey Doof,

Trelane is spot on.

And the next APE plugin will provide APL region specific bitrates to MJ.

Take care.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2002, 05:06:00 am »

Sweet! Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up