INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center uprade from 18 to 19 licensing problem [Solved]  (Read 1505 times)

allerj

Media Center uprade from 18 to 19 licensing problem [Solved]
« on: January 14, 2014, 04:40:37 pm »

I purchased a media center upgrade from 18 to 19.  When I install the new license on 19 It says it's successfully installed.  When I look at the status of the license in media center 19 it still says unregistered with 27 days to go of my free trial.  My operating  system is Windows 8.1.  Thanks for your help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center uprade from 18 to 19 licensing problem
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 05:00:33 pm »

Intstall MC19 and run it.  Then install the license.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_Licensehttp://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

Thanks for your purchase and welcome to the forum.

allerj

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 05:55:00 pm »

I had Media Center 19 installed before installing the license......still having the same problem....any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 06:32:08 pm »

Did you run it?  Either the wrong version of MC is installing the license or you're installing the wrong license.  The version and the license must match, and the OS must be the same (Mac or Win).

allerj

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 07:03:56 pm »

Yes, I installed and ran the windows version of Media Center 19, While running 19 I attempted to install the Media Center 19 upgrade license I paid for (I upgraded from Media Center 18).  The program reports that the license was successfully installed, however the program reports that it is unregistered.

Now more problems, I was running the .69 Media Center 19, tried to install the .104 version.  Didn't work.  Tried to uninstall Media Center and my computer will not allow it to be removed and I also can now not even use the program at all.  This form of customer support for a program that I paid $49.98 for 18 and $26.98 for 19 is driving me crazy.  Is there any other way that I can possibly get support for this......Please.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 07:16:19 pm »

Try rebooting and install 19.0.104.  If that doesn't work, there is another problem with your PC.

allerj

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 07:34:31 pm »

I was able to resolve all problems by unplugging all peripherals from my computer.  This allowed me to completely uninstall the program.  I was able to install the .104 version with the license correctly installed.  

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 07:40:15 pm »

Hi Allerj, while the support model is different and takes some getting used to, it is the best model I've come across.  As you have seen you can post a question you normally get a response from the JR Folk themselves or one of us keen users pretty quickly.  That said, I do know that when frustration levels rise it would be good to pick up the phone and speak it though but given the low cost of MC and the timezones invoked I don't think such a support model would be commercially viable for JR.

I'm glad you got it sorted out and if you have any other questions then please post away.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up