INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sacd iso playing stereo instead of 5.1 [solved]  (Read 2914 times)

resai

• Recent member
sacd iso playing stereo instead of 5.1 [solved]
« on: January 17, 2014, 06:12:55 am »

hi , I import sacd iso files succesfully and play them but only stereo , is there a way to play them multichannel ?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: sacd iso playing stereo instead of 5.1
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 08:09:59 am »

hi , I import sacd iso files succesfully and play them but only stereo , is there a way to play them multichannel ?

Welcome to the forum! 

A few questions:  Are the SACDs ISOs 5.1, or are you trying to upmix a stereo SACD mix? Is this problem unique to SACD ISOs (i.e. does 5.1 work fine with other media?) 

To start, I'd suggest that you have a look at Tools-->Options-->DSP Studio-->Output format and see what your channel settings are. 

resai

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 08:20:25 am »

hi , sacd iso's are 5.1 , when I extract songs from it into individual files (which I only extract 5.1 files with sacd_extract) it plays 5.1 without problems.
I've checked and changed every option including dsp output format but I got only stereo.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 09:00:37 am »

hi , sacd iso's are 5.1 , when I extract songs from it into individual files (which I only extract 5.1 files with sacd_extract) it plays 5.1 without problems.
I've checked and changed every option including dsp output format but I got only stereo.

If your SACD ISOs have both a stereo and a 5.1 layer than JRiver may be just playing the stereo layer first.  If you let the album play through does it "switch" to 5.1 at some point?  Check out the threads below for more detail on this:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84552.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84939.0

resai

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 12:01:43 pm »

problem solved
actually mc imports both of the layers , I deleted stereo ones :)
thanks everybody
Pages: [1]   Go Up