INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver closes  (Read 2579 times)

brains4eva

• Recent member
JRiver closes
« on: September 17, 2019, 06:13:45 am »

I am finding my jriver just suddenly closes when i browse for something to play via panel or gizmo making it almost unuseable  sadly. Really not sure what's causing it. I am accessing remote library on my NAs so wondering if that could be why. I also do have a particularly large library

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver closes
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 06:47:44 am »

I am finding my jriver just suddenly closes when i browse for something to play via panel or gizmo making it almost unuseable  sadly. Really not sure what's causing it. I am accessing remote library on my NAs so wondering if that could be why. I also do have a particularly large library
Are you using a Raspberry Pi?  You've posted in a thread for setting up MC on a Raspberry Pi.

I'll move this to a new thread (use New Topic in the upper right corner of the index page (one up) to start a new thread next time.

More details about what you're playing, what OS, what version of MC might help.

brains4eva

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 07:32:29 am »

Are you using a Raspberry Pi?  You've posted in a thread for setting up MC on a Raspberry Pi.

I'll move this to a new thread (use New Topic in the upper right corner of the index page (one up) to start a new thread next time.

More details about what you're playing, what OS, what version of MC might help.
i am running it on raspberry pi 3B+

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 07:44:54 am »

Version?  File types?

brains4eva

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 03:49:49 pm »

i have been using aiff files and i am using media centre 25 now.  just an update, i was with it closing unexpectly when access files via JRiver panel, what has now solved the problem for me is putting the library on an external drive and plugging it into the pi's USB (the drive is plugged into a usb extension cable with a dedicated power supply so it doesn't drain any power from the pi.).  I then imported those files into jriver as opposed to from a network mapped drive from my NAS drive.  So using the external drive files i get no problems with it crashing so my problem must have been something relating to accessing music from a mapped via jriver.   

brains4eva

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 04:06:24 pm »

just for completeness this was the process i previously had followed to map the drive,

https://www.stuffaboutcode.com/2012/05/raspberry-pi-connect-nas-windows-share.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up