INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC/MAC and .WMA  (Read 1913 times)

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
MC/MAC and .WMA
« on: February 10, 2014, 11:16:37 pm »

First the subject should be "MC/Mac and .WMA"
I've got a friend who is moving to the world of Mac.  
Can u playback and/or export .WMA to Itunes with MC?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

ayorke69

Re: MC/MAC and .WMA
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 10:14:16 am »

I used to run windows and my main media player was JRiver because it could play all three formats of music that I had (MP3, WMA, and M4A).  More importantly, as a database program it handled, displayed, and quickly sorted my music in an attractive and logical manner. 

Now that I run a Mac, I would like to use JRiver, but of course there is the issue with the WMA files that I have, (which are too many and too lossy to convert in my opinion).

Is there a fundamental programming philosophy by the development team that their own internal music player has to be the one that plays the music?  Is there a reluctance to allow their program to pass off a WMA file to a third party program that can play the WMA format (such as flip player or VLC etc)?

I guess if philosophically the developers do not want to rely on third party software to actually play the file, we will not see the ability to play WMA's.  If this is more of a programming issue, and there is a willingness by the development team to pursue this kind of work around for WMA's (it will just be a matter of time for them to get to it) then I look forward to reintroducing JRiver as my media player of choice. 

In my opinion, JRiver's main strength is the database and presentation of your music collection that allows you to go through huge music collections quickly and painlessly.

Here is hoping for a future release that can handle the WMA issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up