INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to get MC 19 to use external madVR?  (Read 1744 times)

jkauff

• World Citizen
Any way to get MC 19 to use external madVR?
« on: February 16, 2014, 06:22:54 pm »

There are some new features in madVR that haven't made it to the MC 19 internal version yet. Is there any way to get MC to use the external madVR files instead of the internal?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Any way to get MC 19 to use external madVR?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 06:35:41 pm »

In Video settings, you can use Advanced/Custom.   But please don't expect support here.

We always use the version of madVR that we think is the best and most stable.

connersw

Re: Re: Any way to get MC 19 to use external madVR?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 07:17:20 pm »

I think this is what you are looking for: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87276

Very much at your own risk though.

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 08:57:29 pm »

I think this is what you are looking for: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87276

Very much at your own risk though.
That's just what I was looking for. Seems like low risk since I can always re-install.

I wouldn't expect support, Jim, and I don't expect the new features to show up internally any time soon, since they require a lot of graphics processing power. Very nice features if your GPU can handle them, though.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 11:58:03 am »

That's just what I was looking for. Seems like low risk since I can always re-install.

I wouldn't expect support, Jim, and I don't expect the new features to show up internally any time soon, since they require a lot of graphics processing power. Very nice features if your GPU can handle them, though.
Actually, there are also things for weaker GPUs as well:

* "Profiles" allows one to make better use of weaker GPUs, because for more demanding videos (60fps or interlaced), you can choose "easier" algorithms like Bilinear, and then for less demanding videos like Blu-Ray, you can set better algorithms like Lanzcos and use Anti-Ringing.

* New "Debanding" only adds a slight performance hit.

* It's hard to be sure, since I am only one data point, and I have changed a lot of settings, but overall performance seems a little more efficient in the latest 0.87.4

I hope the JRiver Beta Team are trying it, as the only development currently being done on it is choosing which Error Diffusion algorithm looks better (which, frankly, is super-videophile level stuff, and does require a rather powerful GPU).  All the rest seems set.

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 01:17:19 pm »

Actually, there are also things for weaker GPUs as well:

* "Profiles" allows one to make better use of weaker GPUs, because for more demanding videos (60fps or interlaced), you can choose "easier" algorithms like Bilinear, and then for less demanding videos like Blu-Ray, you can set better algorithms like Lanzcos and use Anti-Ringing.

* New "Debanding" only adds a slight performance hit.

* It's hard to be sure, since I am only one data point, and I have changed a lot of settings, but overall performance seems a little more efficient in the latest 0.87.4

I hope the JRiver Beta Team are trying it, as the only development currently being done on it is choosing which Error Diffusion algorithm looks better (which, frankly, is super-videophile level stuff, and does require a rather powerful GPU).  All the rest seems set.

Yes, I've been very satisfied with the stability of 0.87.4. Haven't played around with the ED test builds at all, but it sounds like the final version will give a nice boost to picture quality if you've got the hardware.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 03:39:11 pm »

I hope the JRiver Beta Team are trying it....

You can be sure of it.  Nevcairiel = Hendrik
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up