INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote: Song Repeats...yes repeat is off.  (Read 5294 times)

gandlshevchuk

• Recent member
JRemote: Song Repeats...yes repeat is off.
« on: February 19, 2014, 09:49:05 pm »

Hello,
Let me see if I can explain this.....When using JRiver off my computer or JRemote from my I-Pad and select play all it starts fine and will play the first two songs as it should. However it repeats the second song once then will continue to the third and repeat that song once and so on.

Now this will happen from wherever I start playing....first two OK then starts repeating the following song once before moving on and you see it happening on the display.

The other two app's I have ( elyric and the Plinius ) do not do this and I make sure that whatever app is being used is the only one running.

Any Ideas on this???

gandlshevchuk

• Recent member
Re: Song Repeats...yes repeat is off.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 12:07:24 pm »

Anyone have any ideas? I can't just play a album without having each song play twice or to always have to skip to the next track....I have to keep my I-pad or computer close by. This would not be a big deal, but I spent a lot of time tagging albums and artist not to mention the $50 for this download.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: JRemote: Song Repeats...yes repeat is off.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 01:02:52 pm »

When this occurs, are there two versions of a repeating track in the view?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

gandlshevchuk

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 03:43:32 pm »

Thanks for responding!

On either the computer or the laptop when it repeats the play list that shows up onscreen is as such:

Plays song one correct

Plays song two correct

Then it will play song Three with the speaker icon still on song #2 , but the progress time is correct for song Three.

When done play song Three it will repeat with the speaker icon changing to the correct track and the time is correct for the song playing. That will continue till the album is over.

That make any sense?

MrC

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 04:03:06 pm »

For a single song that has trouble, what is the value of the Filename field in MC?  You can find this either in the file list under the Filename column, or in the Tag Action Window when you expand it to Show All Tags (upper right corner of the Tag Action Window, there's a pull down).

gandlshevchuk

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 11:14:44 am »

Not 100% sure what your looking for , but here are some of the numbers. It happens on all the songs and I have tried several different albums. Most of what I have are FLAC files and the current one that I am testing is 32.7MB and the bitrate is 1027. I have also had it happen with lesser bitrates. Another note is the display bar along the top the first time that it plays the track shows the wrong title of the song , but shows the proper time (length) of the song that is playing: Example....song 3's name on the title, but playing song 4 with correct time/length of song 4 then when it repeats all of song 4's info is correct. Man this is confusing to explain....hope I'm painting a good enough picture.

I started playing around a little an noticed it only happens when I have it going through my Network Player ( Plinius Tiki ) and just playing the computer alone seems to work find. So is it a communication thing between the two and are there settings I can play with?

MrC

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 11:52:27 am »

... it only happens when I have it going through my Network Player ( Plinius Tiki ) ...

Explain the above a little more, please.  How are you starting playback, exactly.

I still would like to know what was in the Filename column for a file you are having trouble with. In JRiver Media Center, go to the Audio > Files view, and find the file there (use Search if you want).  Then look at the value under the Filename column.

gandlshevchuk

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 02:11:39 pm »

To play I pick the artist and have tried just hitting play ( top left ) or clicking on the first song

Example of what I see in the top display box using the songs listed below:

Playing first song: Nothing (Brooke, Jonatha & The Story )
                         (the time of song) (biterate) (1 of 13 Tiki)

Playing Second Song: Nothing ( Brooke, Jonatha & the Story )
                            ( Time of song 2 ) ( bitrate ) ( 1 of 13 Tiki)

Plays second Song again: Where Were You (Brooke, Jonatha & the Story )
                                   ( Time of song 2 ) (biterate) (2 of 13 Tiki)

Then it repeats the sequence above...

Filename:
\\FOREFRONT-NAS\MUSIC\Brooke, Jonatha & The Story\Plumb\01-Nothing.flac

\\FOREFRONT-NAS\MUSIC\Brooke, Jonatha & The Story\Plumb\02-Where were you_.flac

\\FOREFRONT-NAS\MUSIC\Brooke, Jonatha & The Story\Plumb\03-Inconsolable.flac

and so on.

MrC

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 02:40:54 pm »

What I'm trying to do is get a solid understanding of what software, and what forms of playback, and to what devices or software you are using.  There are many things involved here, and which ones are being used, depends on how you do things.  But I'm still having difficulty understanding what device, what software, and what forms of control you're doing.

Let's avoid restating any more *what* the problem is.  I get that.  Tracks repeat, and the playing indicator is incorrect. OK, got it.

It sounds to me like you are use JRiver MC to start playback (because in JRemote, there is no play button at the top left, and there is in MC).   And you are watching the playback status for the zone on JRemote, and it is not correctly tracking what MC is doing.

Please confirm again you do not have Repeat enabled on both MC and on JRemote.

Also, how does your Plinius Tiki come into play?  Does that show up as a zone in MC, and you are playing back to that device, and that's when the problems appear?

gandlshevchuk

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 04:05:15 pm »

Sorry I am a little new to this.....I have abandoned using the jremote app for now and just using the computer with MC19. So right now I am using the laptop with JRiver open working off all the music stored on my NAS Drive (Forefront-NAS\music) and the Tiki is selected in the "playing now" from the Main Library. The wiring of the system is all through my Netgear Nighthawk Router, Wireless laptop and Ethernet wired NAS, Router and Tiki.

All the things I described before was taken from just using the Laptop

Repeat is off on both and I shut down JRemote to limit one device in an attempt to simplify things.

When I was using the JRemote I would have selected play all now and tap the first song to start.

MrC

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 04:41:21 pm »

OK, now we're getting somewhere.  It appears you are playing MC tracks (which reside on the NAS) to the Tiki device, which is a DLNA renderer.

Right-click  the Tiki under MC's Playing Now, and select DLNA Controller Options > Disable SetNext Support.

See if that helps.

gandlshevchuk

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 05:49:25 pm »

OK...did that and it ends up playing the track then stops. So I tried the ignore Transport events and it played two tracks then stopped.

I also checked to make sure that under the repeat off icon that is was just off and not set to stop after each item.

MrC

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 06:09:11 pm »

What is your option under Tools > Options > General > Behavior > Double-click ?

The "Play" text you see under an album Thumbnail in a Categories view acts like a double-click, so the setting above can affect what tracks are added to the Playing Now playlist for the zone.

gandlshevchuk

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 06:28:14 pm »

replace playing now (all) is what is checked

MrC

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 07:49:02 pm »

I'm out of ideas here.  Perhaps one of the DLNA gurus (bob or AndrewFG) will have more insight.

gandlshevchuk

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 07:37:24 am »

Thanks for all your help! Is there a way for me to contact one of those two to see if they have any other ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 09:32:20 am »

Please post DLNA questions on the Media Network board.  Get it working without JRemote first.

gandlshevchuk

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 03:32:52 pm »

MrC,
I wanted to thank you again for your time. With your help and direction I think I figured it...well at least so far so good. For reference I changed the "associate with DLNA server" and added the audiophile option and legacy upnp. Though a little trial and error I found that selecting the Audiophile setting and combed it with Disable SetNext Support seems to do the trick.

Lance  ;D

MrC

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 04:24:14 pm »

That's great news Lance.  Nice work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up