INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are my album covers?  (Read 792 times)

DavidZ

• Junior Woodchuck
Where are my album covers?
« on: March 01, 2014, 09:48:58 pm »

Hi -- I have created a number of custom album covers, which I "paste from clipboard" into my cover art tagging. The settings say it should be in c:\users\david\pictures, but that folder is empty. I had the occasion to re-import my library tonight, but none of my custom art -- or tagging info -- showed back up. I solved my issue by restoring a previous library that JRiver automatically backed up onto my c: drive and the art and tagging came back. But I am really confused about how this all works.

I store my library files in an external synology server, and stream them from that to listen. I was under the impression that all tagging info is stored in the library folder, along with all my files, but now I'm not sure. (I thought, for example, that's what all those .jmd files are.) I also know the artwork is not in the folder with the music files, although maybe it should be -- if only I could find where the covers currently are.

I will be very grateful to anyone who can enlighten me. Thanks. -- David

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Where are my album covers?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 03:05:49 am »

To locate a specific cover select a file that it is attached to and then press alt+enter to open the tag window in the tree.
In the upper left corner of the tag window click the little tools icon and select "image file" from the also show menu.
Sean

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 04:24:18 am »

Tools > Options > File location
Check your cover art settings
store them in the same location as the audio (if all is on the NAS)
Check "Also store image in tag"

DavidZ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 08:56:52 am »

Vincent/ Sean -- Thanks. The issue was that the AppData folder containing the covers was hidden by Windows, so I unhid it. Thanks for your help. -- David
Pages: [1]   Go Up