INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Read Only issue  (Read 2586 times)

Shredder

• Recent member
Read Only issue
« on: March 04, 2014, 08:59:29 am »

Morning. I am experimenting with MC as a replacement for LMS.

Anyway, I have LMS running on my Thecus n5200 NAS and MC 19 on my MAC. MC sees both of my music libraries which are identical)-the Thecus and a backup drive. It allows me to load the backup but not the Thecus. When I try to load the Thecus library I get a message that the files are 'read only" and thus it will not load. Any idea how to work around that?

I assume the issue is a setting on MC and not an issue with the NAS files. I have a copy of an older version of MC and it had no problem loading the NAS library.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Read Only issue
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 11:20:38 am »

When you say "sees", what do you mean specifically?  Are you using MC's Main local library, or have you selected the NAS's library under Playing Now and are using that as the "library"?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Shredder

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 12:46:55 pm »

By sees, I mean it shows up under playing now. My backup drive shows up there as well.

When I select the backup up drive, it immediately loads the library. When I select the NAS, I get the read only message.

MrC

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 12:51:21 pm »

You will have better results by Importing files into MC's Main library, rather than doing what you are doing now, which is asking MC to be a DLNA controller to your other devices.

Select and load the Main library.  And then point MC's auto-import (Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import) to your media files on your NAS drive.

Shredder

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 02:38:54 pm »

That is clearly what I did with my old version of MC. Thanks.

However, I want to use MC as  a dlna controller because of the far superior playlist function.

Any ideas how to load the NAS library in dlna mode?

Shredder

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 03:09:16 pm »

Any ideas on why this library won't load?

MrC

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 03:39:41 pm »

I've tried loading an XBMC and Plex hosted DLNA servers via MC 19, both Mac and Windows versions.  I could not get either loaded properly, and gave up.  MC always produced a dialog that indicate files will be loaded in the background, but then almost immediately produce an error dialog about not being able to load files from the server.
Pages: [1]   Go Up