INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSF to AIFF  (Read 3389 times)

Studio D

DSF to AIFF
« on: March 08, 2014, 04:05:12 pm »

Hey.  After a DSF to AIFF file conversion, the files won't play on my iPod, but they will play within iTunes.  What's the trick?  I can successfully convert to MP3 then get an AIFF file to play (when covered from within iTunes), but not an AIFF file created by JRiver conversion SW.  Help!  Thanks, Doug at Studio D.

• Citizen of the Universe
DSF to AIFF
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 04:51:46 pm »

Hey.  After a DSF to AIFF file conversion, the files won't play on my iPod, but they will play within iTunes.  What's the trick?  I can successfully convert to MP3 then get an AIFF file to play (when covered from within iTunes), but not an AIFF file created by JRiver conversion SW.  Help!  Thanks, Doug at Studio D.
You probably need to "apply DSP" and limit the output format to 44,100Hz for them to play on an iPod.

Studio D

DSF to AIFF
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 09:30:03 pm »

Hey.  After a DSF to AIFF file conversion, the files won't play on my iPod, but they will play within iTunes.  What's the trick?  I can successfully convert to MP3 then get an AIFF file to play (when covered from within iTunes), but not an AIFF file created by JRiver conversion SW.  Help!  Thanks, Doug at Studio D.

Now I've learned that DSF to AIFF files play on an iPAD, but not iPOD, or iPhone.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DSF to AIFF
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 04:21:25 am »

^

As 6233638 said, older iThings can only play tracks having a maximum sample rate of 44.1kHz or 48kHz, and a maximum bit depth of 16bit, and a maximum channel count of 2ch. And most likely you have MC set up to produce AIFs having either higher sample rates, or higher bit depths, or higher channel counts, than this.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up