INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie cover art rarely downloaded on auto import  (Read 7807 times)

LetsGetSilly

• Recent member
Movie cover art rarely downloaded on auto import
« on: March 20, 2014, 03:59:44 pm »

When a new movie is added to my library, 90% of the time the movie will not have cover art downloaded from IMDB, but rather a screen shot taken from approximately 5 seconds into the film itself.

When I manually tell JRiver to download file info for that movie, nearly 100% of the time it detects the movie correctly and the first available option is the correct one.

How can I force JRiver to perform this manual cover art download automatically when a new movie is added to the library?

Here's the issue visible in this photo album:

http://imgur.com/a/LJ1wz?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Movie cover art rarely downloaded on auto import
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 04:20:02 am »

Do you use Auto-Import?
And if yes, in the Auto-Import configuration, do you have "Get movie & TV info" checked, as well as "Get cover art"?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

LetsGetSilly

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 05:34:43 pm »

Yes, I've got auto-import enabled. And yes, I also have the "Get movie and TV info" checked in addition to "Get Cover Art".

There's also the option to generate thumbnails for the video, and you can select at what time should the thumbnail be generated from (e.g. 5 seconds). I've tried turning off this setting, because that's what appears to be happening. Most of my movies have a screen shot of the Warner Brothers' logo animation, or something similar, in place of cover art.

LetsGetSilly

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 06:12:13 pm »

Bumping for additional help. Anyone have suggestions? I'd like for the auto import to update file and movie info.

http://imgur.com/a/LJ1wz?

sandyj

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 04:52:55 am »

I have exactly the same problem even if I add JRSidecar.xml files

LetsGetSilly

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 01:29:57 pm »

Problem still exists for me.

Work around is manually selecting each individual movie that has not downloaded cover art and manually downloading it.

This is really a pain. Cover Art also seems to disappear randomly for my movies. It's a constant battle.

JRiver - if there's a way to force cover art download via the API, I can write a scheduled task to force an update. This seems a bit ridiculous for a workaround however.

sandyj

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 04:54:57 am »

I wiped out all the files other then the media itself in the folders, removed the links in the importer in JRiver and then re imported them again seems to work now will keep an eye on it and report back latter. All my folders and files are labeled like this using The Movie Database (TMDb)

folder  media name year  eg Battleship (2012)
file media name year  Battleship (2012).mkv

I should also explain that the other files in the folders were the artwork and covers plus some info for kodi media center that I have been testing it would appear that something is confusing the importer. I use media center master to name the files and folders correctly.

9aul

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 06:28:35 pm »

I have been having the same problem too - it appears there is something broken with the tmdb lookup as it fails to get the information/artwork even when you do a manual "Get tv/movie info". As the tmdb is the default source when auto importing it returns as blank - you can do a manual lookup and select the Wikipedia entry, but these aren't always available and obv not ideal as not automatic.
If someone could look into this please?

karmat63

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 04:27:51 am »

The problem was sorted out for MC20, with the last couple of builds. Can we aspect the same for MC19?

pinhead216

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 10:46:03 am »

The problem was sorted out for MC20, with the last couple of builds. Can we aspect the same for MC19?

+1

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 03:38:46 pm »

No.  Sorry.  We've finished MC19.  The problem is a result of a site change at TMDB.

9aul

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 05:11:03 pm »

This is pretty disappointing - 19 was completed approximately 9 months ago and a major feature of the software is no longer working (this is something that I use a lot in the software).

The software was sold as being able to automatically scrape movie info - not that it would only work for 9 months or if/when something at the TMDB was changed.

This is basically forcing people to update to the latest version, to get a feature they have already paid for in 19 - I wouldn't mind but there is nothing that remotely  interests me with the developments for 20 - most of the efforts seem to be focused on live tv and recording that I don't use.

karmat63

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 05:33:59 pm »

This is pretty disappointing - 19 was completed approximately 9 months ago and a major feature of the software is no longer working (this is something that I use a lot in the software).

The software was sold as being able to automatically scrape movie info - not that it would only work for 9 months or if/when something at the TMDB was changed.

This is basically forcing people to update to the latest version, to get a feature they have already paid for in 19 - I wouldn't mind but there is nothing that remotely  interests me with the developments for 20 - most of the efforts seem to be focused on live tv and recording that I don't use.

Agree completely... Nobody asks for a new function or any update of current features; just give us back what was one of the key points of the software... Don't think we ask too much... 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 01:15:48 am »

We did fix the problem in the current version.  The problem wasn't with MC.  The site changed.

I'm sorry if you feel this is unfair, but it takes an expensive development team to keep up with changes.

9aul

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2015, 05:40:42 pm »

Whether due to naivety or planned obsolescence, the problem is the design of the software that doesn't let the user specify the service being used to scrape the info or at the very least set the default for the auto import.
Unless this has been changed in 20 then it is not fixed, as those who have purchased it will be in the same situation in x number of months, when something else changes at the TMDB.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 01:14:42 am »

OK.  Thanks.

9aul

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 11:51:14 am »

There is no need for sarcasm - you currently have a lot of 19 users who don't have working software and really deserve more than a "sorry".

But lets look at your solution to the problem: We pay for an upgrade to get a feature back that we have already paid for in 19, then in x number of months time when something else changes at the TMDB, then I assume your answer will be the same; it's got nothing to do with us you need to upgrade to the latest version, so everyone upgrades to 21 and on it goes. This is great for your bottom line, but do you really think this offers value to your customers who are paying for yearly updates for a couple of lines of code?

There are many ways that this could be much better implemented, which I'm sure you can work out in a future update, but until that time I think the least you can do is provide an update to 19 which is only 9 months old.

lynes88

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 05:48:53 pm »

Yea if someone sees my updated post on this a few minutes ago... I now understand what is happening and it is TMDb that is the problem.....but it sucks that the only solution is to upgrade.  I agree with the sentiments expressed.  Some of us are really happy with MC 19 and do not need/want the features in 20.  Perhaps there is a way for someone in the user community that can fix this and offer the solution to those that want it?  We are really losing a key feature in the Program that seems to be worth considering.  Please reconsider....
Pages: [1]   Go Up