INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Security Alert' When Launching MC19  (Read 933 times)

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
'Security Alert' When Launching MC19
« on: April 07, 2014, 02:58:08 am »

Hi, just recently on one platform I am getting a security alert when I first launch MC (see screenshot below).

There are 11 of them in total and as I clear each one the various link icons start to appear on the MC home page like the Facebook Like, Twitter, +Share etc.

This is only happening on one PC so I know it is something perculiar to that machine. I have tried disabling the firewall but that made no difference.

Any ideas where my problem may lie. I've searched the forum and cannot find anyone else with the same issue so it's got to be a setting or something on my machine.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: 'Security Alert' When Launching MC19
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 04:07:07 am »

From what I can see, the certificates are all valid. Check your date/time on your system? If its completely off, it may cause this issue.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Re: 'Security Alert' When Launching MC19
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 04:22:49 am »

From what I can see, the certificates are all valid. Check your date/time on your system? If its completely off, it may cause this issue.

Thanks Hendrik, that was indeed the problem.  I never even thought to look at the system date but I knew it wasn't anything your end and had to be something perculiar on my system. For some reason my PC thought it was Jan 4th 2006 however the time was correct.

I don't know how that came about, maybe the BIOS battery on the motherboard is on it's way out. I'll keep my eye on it.

Anyway, thanks once again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up