INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions: Handling of DSP-Studio  (Read 999 times)

timmotte

• Recent member
Suggestions: Handling of DSP-Studio
« on: April 21, 2014, 07:43:57 am »

Hi,
i asked myself why such a wonderful/powerful software has to be so hard so handle......
some ideas i`ve collected.

1. windows size changing when switching from like Para. Equ. 1 to 2..... why?
example: when doing measurements for aktiv speakers you have to switch very often between windows.

2. DSP settings in general are very confusing even though im working with it for years now.

3. why does P.E. settings apear on the "fly" but jrss subwoofer changes not? so you need to stop and go live confusing.

4. im running 2x 3way concord wg visaton speaker (full aktiv) + sub. so in output format im running for 5.1 channels. but in my eyes this is simply wrong and misleading. im running a 2.1 system, yes with 6 channels but its just not coherent. its just not what you expect coming from a standard av-system. there many things like this where you can just make it better. don`t get me wrong, i love j.river. ;)

5. its possible to arrange a 32 channel full aktiv speaker system but you only can use 5/7.1, this is old fashioned. yea, its the standard but whos using these kind of systems always wants to try and play around. 9.2. or 11.4.

6.would it technically be possible to make a full output stop for bluescreens or software shutdowns? that in case your speakers and my ears are not get blown away when amp on full power get max signal.....

7. you may think about standard and pro user interface.

just some of many thoughts ....

cheers from germany

tim

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Suggestions: Handling of DSP-Studio
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 02:39:32 pm »

6.would it technically be possible to make a full output stop for bluescreens or software shutdowns? that in case your speakers and my ears are not get blown away when amp on full power get max signal.....

Blue screens are caused by faulty hardware or buggy drivers. A program running in user space should not be able to  cause a blue screen on its own. So if a computer blue screens, it happens outside the knowledge or control of any program running. Therefore I think it will be impossible for MediaCenter to turn down the volume.

But seriously, if you get blue screens, you should really investigate. It is not normal and like I said above, its most often caused by broken hardware or buggy drivers. You will want to fix that if you can.
Pages: [1]   Go Up